Packet Loss and Slow Speed Problems on Airtel Broadband

• Thread starter Thread starter anshu
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 933
  • Views Views 193,161
I got an SMS update from Airtel mentioning a cable cut, and lower speeds. I haven't been impacted so far though.

I am affected, seeing around 100ms more ping times

Code:
C:\>tracert -w 800 speedtest.blink.caTracing route to speedtest.blink.ca [72.14.160.162]over a maximum of 30 hops:  1     1 ms    tracert -w 800 itek.seedbox.ccTracing route to itek.seedbox.cc [213.251.166.132]over a maximum of 30 hops:  1     1 ms

BSNL broadband user here, getting ridiculously high pings - 200-300ms higher than normal.
The worst affected latencies appear to be to servers in South and South west US.

I was thinking of switching to airtel broadband, but it looks like the problem is here too.

The strange thing is the latency fluctuates throughout the day, and redialing/reconnecting sometimes fixes the latency.

https://www.speedtest.net

I got an SMS update from Airtel mentioning a cable cut, and lower speeds. I haven't been impacted so far though.

Shouldn't affect traffic to the USA though (someone on another thread was reporting difficulties in accessing cnet.com, which is hosted in San Francisco...)

Still, you'd thing Bharti should be able to re-route this traffic either via i2i or I-ME-WE cables, as they do own the damn things.

---------- Post added at 10:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:42 PM ----------

Or EIG cable for that matter.... but I think at least one of those cables is not operational yet.

Or if they really wanted, they could use SEACOM... but OTOH that would involve them purchasing bandwidth from Tata. So. Not likely.

what i observed is, all traffic that is going via London internet exchange (LINX) is getting high ping times, that route seems to be effected

this issue is driving me crazy, my office VPN getting disconnected frequently becoz of this, the route changes between telia and linx frequently and becoz of that latency goes from 300 to 550ms and its disconnects

I am having a lot of problems with the youtube looks like airtel is throttling the youtube videos, I am on a 2 Mbps connection and never had buffering issues, but from yesterday youtube videos buffer like crazy will have to wait 3-4 minutes for a 1 min video is anyone experiencing problems slowdown with youtube (BTW my location is from Hyderabad if that helps).

I am having a lot of problems with the youtube looks like airtel is throttling the youtube videos, I am on a 2 Mbps connection and never had buffering issues, but from yesterday youtube videos buffer like crazy will have to wait 3-4 minutes for a 1 min video is anyone experiencing problems slowdown with youtube (BTW my location is from Hyderabad if that helps).

yep even 2mbps speed upgrade on youtube.com/Indian Premier League is also gone

Back