Packet Loss and Slow Speed Problems on Airtel Broadband

• Thread starter Thread starter anshu
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 933
  • Views Views 193,159
- Surfing slow as hell (specially facebook)- Streaming is next to impossible (some sites do work though)- All games giving very high pings .. impossible to play- I haven't tried downloading anything as of yet.. so dunno about DL speeds

getting minor downtimes today lasting for 30-60 seconds. :|

I guess I'l luckyNO FUP is put on my connectionTorrents are throttled to 512kbps during 2-8PM, but an hourly modem restart fixes thatSmartbytes doesnt work

Download from file sharing site like filesonic etc too r so so slow .. Don't know wht happened with Airtel for last 2-3days.. Is it linked somehow to the downtime in mumbai which occurred few days back?Is tht causing the bottleneck somewhere??

I hope these issues get resolved by the time i get back to delhi because i lose my mind when broadband is down or not working well . this is the main reason i have airtel as it has the lowest downtime in my experience.

Browsing, Speedtest and Youtube streaming etc. are messed up yet again since today evening in BSNL. The speed got fixed later yesterday night it seems but it is again crappy since evening today. Indian ISPs are just a pain in the ass.

OK. Happens with my BSNL too. Infact, was happening for the last few days for which I came to IBF. But it seems it got resolved while I was browsing and posting here for the last couple of hours.

I had also created a thread on the fake speed test results showing up in BSNL speedtest site:

https://broadband.forum/bsnl-broadband/75239-something-wrong-bsnl-speed-test/

Now, that BSNL site is showing less speed and other sites are showing more speed. And in reality I am receiving normal speeds and not slow speeds. Jai Ho Indian ISPs. You can understand even a woman but you can never understand Indian ISPs. :disillusionment:

EDIT: Spoke too soon. Speeds turned crappy again after I posted this post and then again went to normal after sometime and then crappy again and the cycle continues. :tonguesmilie:

Back