• Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 25
  • Views Views 11,370
Status
Not open for further replies.

arunra

ISP
Tikona BB user
I am currently using 256Kbps Tata Indicom Wireline Broadband and I am having constant disconnection issues.

I am planning to take 1Mbps Reliance Broadnet Connection.

Please clarify the following points

1.Does Reliance do traffic shaping ? (Blocking link-removed,Torrents - Tata Indicom does this)
2.How is the stability of the connection ?
3.What about Customer Care and the resolution time taken to process if there are any issues ?
4. Do they have any Fair Usage Policy like that of Airtel ? (The Reliance website only mentioned Acceptable Usage Policy where nothing about upload/download limits was mentioned)
5.What is the Download/Upload ratio?

There is not Fair Usage Policy in Reliance it seems ... I have on 2mbps line that download/upload ratio is almost 1:1Connection was quite stable ...

1.Does Reliance do traffic shaping ? (Blocking link-removed,Torrents - Tata Indicom does this) - No2.How is the stability of the connection ? - The connection hardly breaks down, But remember it also has a wierd web based login system like TI, which will logg u off after some time if u leave ur system for sometime.3.What about Customer Care and the resolution time taken to process if there are any issues ? - CC is pethetic, They always make false promises, the real problem with Reliance is they have given there field work to the outsiders or local cable operators, which do the work on there pace.4. Do they have any Fair Usage Policy like that of Airtel ? (The Reliance website only mentioned Acceptable Usage Policy where nothing about upload/download limits was mentioned) - No FUP in Relaince.5.What is the Download/Upload ratio? Its mostly 1:1, Kindly check with CC first.

2.How is the stability of the connection ? - The connection hardly breaks down, But remember it also has a wierd web based login system like TI, which will logg u off after some time if u leave ur system for sometime.

What exactly do you mean by this ? Should I use this Login Page everytime I use the Net ?

I would urge you to go through the Reliance Broadband section in this forum, You would get all your queries answered pertaining to login system.

The Reliance Tech Person is requesting me to take 1.2 Mbps WiMax Connection costing Rs.2,199 per month since he states this would be more stable than the Wireline Connection.

The 2 Mbps Wireline Connection costs about Rs.400 more than this, but I get 1 Mbps more speed.

I have been reading the forum posts and most of the Reliance Users do not provide good feedback about the Reliance Broadnet as such.

I am currently using Tata Indicom 2.0 Wireline Broadband 256 Kbps Plan.

Would you suggest that I stick to it and wait for Airtel Broadband to become feasible in my area (which the Airtel Tech ppl say would be in either 1 or 2 more months) rather than taking a Reliance Broadnet connection ?

push for free installation. if you get that... it would be a much easier decision.

well going for 1.2 mbps is good if you think you want that .2mbps of extra speed else just go for the 1mbps plan for 1990 which would really come around 2.2k with taxes and that 1.2 plan should be a around 2.5with taxes .Well the feedback mostly given here is of dynamic ip i think .. and yeah reliance does take a lot of time in installation you got to be persistent and know who you are dealing with . :-p just save all the numbers of technicians and field agents so that if one does'nt picks up you can call the other one It took me almost Two weeks to get a working connection from the date of payment to a working connection.And its working fine .And if you can wait for Airtel than nothing is better than that. but let me remind you they say that you have to wait 1 or 2 months but it takes a lot more than that .

Do we need to pay anything extra for a static IP in Reliance Broadband ?
If so, is it monthly or yearly charges ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back