Please suggest about high range wifi modem

• Thread starter Thread starter anoop_mig25
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 22
  • Views Views 4,751
a repeater amplifies the signal from a wireless router and extends it over a larger area. so if the signal from a router that you buy does not reach the D room, you can fit a repeater at B/C to extend the coverage. Of course your neighbor would have to accommodate this hardware.

is it a comman electric connection. you might want to consider a powerline adaptor. remember you would require two of those one in room A and other in room D

search ebay / Amazon / FK/ SD for the word "powerline adaptor"

a repeater amplifies the signal from a wireless router and extends it over a larger area. so if the signal from a router that you buy does not reach the D room, you can fit a repeater at B/C to extend the coverage. Of course your neighbor would have to accommodate this hardware.

ok it seems that i have to include repeater .. but i have come to know that even if i include repeater there there wont be 100 % coverage ... plz suggest some brands wifi+repeater

Last edited by a moderator:
I donot know why my ID was banned and to whom to send PM in order to revoke bane so using new ID

Keep the mtnl modem.

Choose from one of these for router:

TP-LINK TL-WDR3600 N600 Wireless Dual Band Gigabit Router - TP-LINK : Flipkart.com

TP-LINK TL-WDR4300 N750 Wireless Dual Band Gigabit Router - TP-LINK : Flipkart.com

Asus RT-AC52U Great-value Dual-band AC750 Wireless Router - Asus : Flipkart.com

Personally, I'd suggest the TP-Link for 5k. That would leave you enough money for a repeater should you need it.

Also, don't keep the router in a covered enclosure.

OK i have few queries as i said i have mtnl`s asdl wired modem , so if use wireless routers how i am going to connect my current pc with router .. I mean i have to connect modem with router first and then connect router to pc ????

or cureent modem would be coonected to PC as ususal and only modem has to connected to router.even in this case modem can only be connected to router through wires only which i may requrie long range as u said router has to kept at open place...

Please suggets a wirless modem and any other device as required

Can u tell what are suggestiing.I didn`t get what u said ???

There are some devices that let you use your electricity line as the LAN in the house. I have a colleague who has used the same. You can search "power line adapters" on Google to learn about the same and check the price of such adapters on famous eCommerce sites. hope this helps.

Back