Very-very long-range wifi modem

• Thread starter Thread starter mydearvipan
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 43
  • Views Views 59,483
Err.. by servers I meant game servers of different geographical location(country) will cause you to have high pings to their servers. Not talking about location within the house or LAN Server. :(Okay bro then let's hope the repeater can pick up the signal fine and not be an issue because no use getting a repeater and it too has poor signal due to the modem being blocked because then the whole purpose gets wasted.Still try your luck with the repeater and let's keep our fingers crossed that it solves your problem. By what you state, you mean you will get a wifi dongle now for the PC to connect from the Repeater and the PS3 will be wired to modem placed near it? Don't you think the opposite is what would be better? i.e. modem near the PC via wired connection and repeater near PS3 for wireless connectivity. :(Well don't mean to override your decision, do feel free to do whatever solves the problem. ;) Cheers and your welcome...

Lol what I meant was that when I play with my PS3 near the router in the family room and when I play in my room, I connect to the same servers.... I meant that I'll keep the router where it is presently and I'll install a repeater somewhere in between. Then, if the repeater permits, I'll use an ethernet cable to connect the PS3 to the repeater... Cause it'll be closer than my router...

Yep I figured. Well based on the Repeater mentioned http s://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9XnnEIBqGV4 the review comments are not very positive about the product. In another link the first comment itself said issues with D-Link :(Usually what I do is, I will check a product go and read reviews and watch videos and keep my eyes and ears open because we might find some factors we need/don't need in that. Obviously if you go into a manufacturer website/review they will be with mostly positive comments(common sense) and if you go into different websites then you will get a basic idea of what it is like in the real world! LolNow when it comes to what you're asking if you want a wireless repeater the one in this is supposed to be without the hassle of wires, but then the range you mentioned does not have positive reviews nor do I think that it has the provision for wired link to PS3 since it is just wireless.Other details regarding repeater plus basic setup http s://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=VWhXzgWtkG8&feature=fvwpTo get a basic understanding of what you intend to do, not necesary to get that product. No copyright infringement intended and Hope it Helps.

Well just a thought to try to explain things better. Suppose like playing golf, wired connection is like having a string that directs the ball straight to the hole so single or lesser strokes (ping) and distance doesn't matter, whereas wireless is like no string so you have to make more strokes (pings) to reach the hole and the further you are the more strokes to be applied!That's basically how wireless works, the further you move away, there's more drop in signal bars, and each drop in signal bar means more signal loss and the more it has to ping to try to stay connected hence the issue of drops. Hope this helps in getting a basic idea of things.

lol No need for Sorry bro. Was just confused because I thought for once I post a small post and someone put "dumb post-ignore:)" below it! :( hee hee Guess because it was without a target @Self: for eg.@chromaniac: How about a "Delete" button for our posts? ;)

Back