Pollution Problem in Delhi NCR

Airbags are not an dealbraker for many people. People overlook a lot on safety when buying and obviously government does not bother checking and revising the norms. The same goes for larger trucks which barely reflect any light during nights and are quite risky. I think more people will die on roads than due to air pollution.

air pollution is a silent killer. hard to compare it to anything. it's like a genocide happening over a period of decades.

Source

pictorial warnings shuru. they should plaster them all over the city for people who would be traveling by bus. they need to know why they are traveling by bus and getting suffocated on delhi roads today. for a better tomorrow!

air pollution is a silent killer. hard to compare it to anything. it's like a genocide happening over a period of decades.
Hence whether we like it or not, tough measures are needed. I agree with AAP govt proposal about banning cars, but they should also ban other polluting contributors like gensets as mentioned in few posts. I think Delhi experiment should also be tried in other Cities like Mumbai, Chennai, Banglore and check Pollution level after few days.

the general opposition to this step is the lack of alternatives. delhi is not a city where you can just switch to public transport. people who have decent options available already use it (metro). people who drive cars generally have a good reason to drive cars. this is where the problem lies. no one wants to spend hours getting stuck in traffic jams that are part of daily lives for delhi (and ncr) people. but at least you reach your home and office as per your schedule and convenience and safe and sound. nearest metro station from my place is around 4-5KM. and this is when i live in the newer part of gurgaon. people living in sector 4 or sector 7 would need to travel 10-15KM just to reach the metro station. gurgaon is supposed to have just 300 buses that ply from the only bus terminal we have. i have friends who travel to gurgaon from greater noida and they have to pass through delhi twice daily. i have cousins who travel from delhi to gurgaon daily for their office. without a world class public transport, it's just punishment.

Why have they not applied this rule on two wheelers. What hypocrisy .I also believe in women empowerment and respect feminism but feminism means equality not special treatment.

Yup. Reserved coaches and other preferred treatment is where the abla naari card is played. Otherwise, how dare you insult the women of this country?

I heard from my friends many years ago that reputed politicians in my city had good relations (and stake) with Bajaj, Hero-Honda, Maruri-Suzuki, and hence they ignored developing good public transport, so more people would be inclined to own and travel by private vehicles.
Now this may not be entirely true, but Indian govt (central, state, local) have ignored developing public transport from long time, hence public transport is never reliable (when needed in case or emergency).
Politicians from all parties should think of developing public transport first, but it seems nobody really cares about it.

Back