Pollution Problem in Delhi NCR

I shelved my idea of buying a skoda Octavia and instead bought a Toyota corolla.Its a different thing that i dont buy diesel vehicles.

The price of diesel must be above petrol.There must be extra taxes on them.

I wonder if we will get Tesla cars in India?And will the govt. Subidise it.

More like a politically safe idea :D

Delhi Government should consider raising the tax on diesel to make its prices at par with petrol for starters. Use that fund to subsidize CNG.

AAP was never supposed to play it safe if they do, their style of politics will be no different than others and they will lose support.

As someone who has lost love for diesels, I would not mind that. As long as CNG availability is no longer an issue which still is here in Gurgaon. If CNG is so clean, I do not get why the focus is not on expanding the availability. Right now it's a punishment as you lose trunk space and you have to stand in line for long time to get your fill.

I wonder if we will get Tesla cars in India?And will the govt. Subidise it.
lol. tesla and Apple knows that india is a gone market with zero focus on infrastructure. which is why they are happy to get photos clicked with modi ji and then leaving for china which is where the buyers are.

I shelved my idea of buying a skoda Octavia and instead bought a Toyota corolla.Its a different thing that i dont buy diesel vehicles.

The price of diesel must be above petrol.There must be extra taxes on them.

This was the reason why many diesel cars were sold. I believe during UPA 1 a lot of buyers were swayed towards diesel. As increasing diesel prices is difficult as it increases prices of other commodity.

lol. tesla and Apple knows that india is a gone market with zero focus on infrastructure. which is why they are happy to get photos clicked with modi ji and then leaving for china which is where the buyers are.

Teslas are damn expensive they are simply not building any budget vehicles for the middle class. Also if governments of nations started removing subsidy on electric vehicles they will not be very competitive. Denmark did just that by adding taxes on electric vehicles.

Tesla is making Model 3 which is likely to start at 35000 dollars which comes to around Rs. 24 lakhs. The definition of budget model for America is very different from India. We need hybrid vehicles first. Even the basic features added by Maruti and Mahindra where the engine powers down at red lights and automatically starts when user press the accelerator can save 10-15% of fuel in city driving and reduce pollution. This has to come down to all their models for starters. And then we can think of dual motor models in the mid-range segment :p

Personally, I find it absurd that the government decide taxes on cars based on their length. Sure a sub-4-meter car takes slightly less space on the road. But why not push on improved mileage and control on pollution to give tax breaks to automobile manufacturers? Get them to bring newer technologies to the market faster!

Yup we have better chances with local auto makers like Tata, Mahindra or Maruti Suzuki to deliver. Why can' t Delhi or central government emphasize on that, Governments in India have always gone an extra mile for the auto industry.

Things are so bad in this country, I had to buy the top end model just to get two front airbags on my Hyundai hatchback. I believe Datsun models are still being sold without any variant with an airbag. This is how the Indian government pamper the automobile industry.

Back