Pollution Problem in Delhi NCR

Lo batao.Lots of old two wheelers have 2 stroke engines.

a guy on tv raised a bunch of valid points. ban all marriages powered by generators. ban all religious and non-religious processions that cause noise pollution and also use generators to power their speakers and lightings. ban usage of gensets between 8am-8pm in commercial establishments. and let's see what kind of response we get. :D

Not sure if there are any regulations on genset use by commercial establishment. Power supply situation is much better in Delhi now compared to many years ago but still...

Delhi has between 20000 to 50000 marriages on select days between the months of November to February. Most if not all of these are powered by generators which I doubt are powered by petrol. :)

But no one is going to rein them in.Lets ban cars instead.Most of which will be following latest emission norms.

Even the smartasses at AAP know that taking on religious festivities is a political suicide.

More like a politically safe idea :D

Delhi Government should consider raising the tax on diesel to make its prices at par with petrol for starters. Use that fund to subsidize CNG.

My brother is spending Rs. 12L on a Skoda Diesel this month. I am so baffled considering the timing.

Volkswagen engines are under investigation.
Skoda service support network has such a bad reputation.
And buying a diesel right now in NCR sounds like a idiotic decision. You never know when it gets penalized through more taxes and bans.

Back