Pollution Problem in Delhi NCR

Also. My problem is not with the ban they are forcing on the people of Delhi (and also me as an outsider whose vehicle is also included in the ban as per the tweets I have read today)... the problem is with the lack of initiatives from the Delhi Government. They continue to patronize without highlighting what they are going to do on their side. All their plans are just going to create new nuisance for the people of Delhi. There have been no talks about how they are going to fix this problem long term. What sacrifices they are making as the law makers. I have not heard anything on the bypasses for vehicles who have nothing to do with Delhi but still have to go through. They are just throwing ideas out there most of which are not even implementable (Euro 6 or Bharat VI or whatever/Shutting down power plants). Commercial transports are the worst hit. They pay MCD Tax, Green Tax and now they would have even fewer hours to pass through Delhi because there is no reasonable way to go around Delhi.

What exactly have they announced since they came to power? BRT was shut down IIRC. Some flyovers have been completed in record time and low costs. But what have they initiated? Any plans to improve public transport? Any plans to promote cycling? Any plans to promote solar vehicles? Any plans to promote electric vehicles? Until and unless they show a serious commitment on their side for this initiative, people are going to criticize this move because it looks more of a punishment rather than a collaborative effort between the government and the people who voted for them. Central government implements new taxes... Delhi government impose new restrictions. It's the common man on the road who suffers.

I feel the same what they are doing is nothing that solves the problem, they have made exclusions to top contributors of pollution. I hope they don't promote it, knowing AAP they may showcase marginal reductions in pollution and go full time with it. Hopefully this gets stricken down by courts even before it comes to bear.

Court has already rejected the PIL filed by some lawyer. They are planning to run 6000 additional buses. 2000 school buses would also run on public routes after doing their school duties. 50% of the seats in these school buses I think are reserved for women lol.

Jan 1-15 are indeed going to be fun days to watch for people who do not have to go through the ordeal. I hope AAP loses a lot of goodwill during this period because of this forced initiative without proper planning. The way this is being implemented is incredibly stupid.

And then you wonder why is BJP not condemning it.Why will you condemn when your political opponent is commiting harakiri.

also read about proposals where autos can be driven by two drivers. which means that the same auto can be on the road for more hours every day or something like that. but autos are owned by individuals and not the government so not sure how they plan to implement this.

all buses and autos are cng. cabs too except for a few with national permit that are on diesel but have been asked to switch to diesel before march 31.

How will 15 days make any difference. How many vehicles will they be able to stop , during peak hours even traffic cops won't be able curb all vehicles many people are going try their luck. Many are going to blog, tweet and post about their horrible experience on a public transport. Something media will happily pick up.

well they want to see if it makes a dent in the pollution level to present their case to public and courts. from what i remember reading delhi has less than 5000 traffic cops so if everyone decides to ignore the ruling, i doubt delhi traffic police can do much except celebrate with chicken tikka with all the challan money they would make.

Back