Pollution Problem in Delhi NCR

i should mention here... i am not affected by odd-even. i do not drive much. i cannot even drive right now because delhi police has custody of my driving license. i prefer to use uber/jungoo. and i rarely have to go to panipat. most of my trips to delhi are to bua's place where i prefer to take an uber because the distance is short and parking always tend to be a problem in delhi. i am just looking at the larger picture here. having empty roads in delhi is great. but not at the cost of causing inconvenience to people who do not have the option of taking a cab or an auto or carpool for one reason or the other. and it's insane that we have seen literally nothing from the delhi government to sensitize auto drivers in delhi. i believe they are going on strike on monday along with cab drivers in the name of protesting against app based cab/auto services which are undercutting their business. AAP is pushing the blame on bjp using their influence to create problems for the residents of delhi... fact remains, delhi does not have a public transport it can be proud of. except for maybe metro and that too largely because the fair is fixed and you know what you are getting into and there is no haggling involved.

There is no proof because of the weather any thing conclusive could not be determined. If we do not go through it again how will there be any proof?

Whenever we start implementing any steps to control pollution it will be inconvenient to some people. Controlling usage of genset will be inconvenient for people using them etc. and this is inconvenient to you.
You can always plan your trip such that you cross Delhi before 8am or start your journey after 8pm or take a train again I am not contesting that it is not inconvenient.

And I repeat again, I understand the use of Diesel generators should be controlled and it is a major issue but that does not make Odd-Even scheme bad it makes the over all plan less effective.

I feel this is more like vote bank politics by AAP.This odd even thing raises the income of autowallahs a vote bank.of AAP.Remember AAP tried hard to ban Ola and Uber but had to allow them because of the courts.So this may be an attempt at redemption.

This joke of a rule for cars dropping school kids etc just shows what is the aim.

No proof because of the weather?What has weather got to do here?

Inconvenience is not the question.The thing what is the scientific proof and what is the logic behind these weird exemption rules.What has been done to make the public transport better?What has been done to regulate Autowallahs?

mmm odd even benefits uber as much as they do the local cab walla. surge pricing is not illegal in delhi yet. though it's surprising that delhi has not made surge pricing illegal as they have been opposed to uber and ola since they formed the government the first time.

For the "aam aadmi" pun intended auto wallahs and co. are more accessible then Ola or Uber because tech and surge pricing.

No proof because of the weather?What has weather got to do here?
You must be kidding debating the failure of the scheme when you have not read/researched enough. (i mean no disrespect here).

Many newspapers have reported that pollution levels—mostly those of the particulate matter of size 2.5 microns, have not declined despite the imposition of the odd-even policy. One of the reasons that particulate matter of the fine kind continues to remain in the air of Delhi, is that such particles are present in the air all over North India. Gupta, et al (2006) report worst air quality in Delhi using satellite and ground measurement over several global locations including Delhi.

The answer lies in the prevailing weather conditions. While the sources remain more or less the same, better circulation in the summer (more sunshine and windier conditions than the winter) allows the pollutants to be carried elsewhere; they do not sit at ground level, but move either higher up in the air or to some other places, by horizontal movements of air, that is, via breeze or winds.[ii] So, rural areas receiving air from Delhi suffer the same effects that Delhi’s residents do—perhaps in a less severe manner.
Weather Conditions and Air Pollution

Following is a google search you can follow:
Google

Inconvenience is not the question.The thing what is the scientific proof and what is the logic behind these weird exemption rules.What has been done to make the public transport better?

The exemptions make sense (except probably the school uniform children exception) like there is a very high concern in Delhi about women safety and therefore the exemption to ladies etc.

Last edited:
@v1rus

1.The odd even rule has no scientific basis.Delhi govt claims or some think tank's claim are not scientific because others have claimed the opposite.This is just a gimmick,with n scientific basis,with weird rules and political vote bank motive.
Since The Odd-Even Scheme Began, Delhi Pollution Has Actually Gone Up By 50% #Shocking

2.The exemption rules are weird.This school kids one is only one of them.No exemption for outstation vehicles etc etc.

As i said,this is a circus being run in Delhi.

Back