Pollution Problem in Delhi NCR

u r saying "they shud reduce fine to 500" or telling that "they reduced fine to 500"?

My dad mistakenly took odd car today. met a cop in way, just pamphlet of cooperation with warning to take car back home.

I hear that if you are taking a kid to school then you are exempt but after dropping that kid to school when you comeback you are not exempt.

Is this a joke?

Guys you are fixating on a small thing.

Level of pollution is alarming and steps to control it must start somewhere and whatever the steps they ought to cause inconvenience.

i am not saying there are no issue but there will always be issues and it will cause inconvenience to people.

I agree this step alone is not enough but this is one of the necessary steps.

yup. the campaign has been completely focused on how it is reducing traffic. the pollution level data has disappeared from the picture. all the marketing is of photos of empty roads. no one is talking about reduction in pollution.

and from my understanding, the government has still not issued any orders on controlling the usage of diesel generators in commercial and private establishments. from the looks of it, i can run a diesel generator 24x7 to power a factory in delhi borders but i cannot drive a petrol vehicle for 30 minutes.

and of course. delhi police continue to challan outstation vehicles passing through delhi even though they have no other option but to go through delhi. i literally have no option but to go through delhi if i want to go to panipat (dad's HomeTown). carpooling does not help me. auto does not help me. and no i am not going to take a bus or a train because they do not run according to my schedule... and a car is probably cheaper if four of us are traveling.

i would have supported odd even if it was used during emergencies like the one delhi had around new year. enforcing it for the sake of it every month? nope. i cannot support that. especially when the delhi government itself admits that they are still years away from a sustainable public transport.

i repeat again... manesar kundli bypass is still many years away. delhi government should not be allowed to target vehicles passing through it because the alternative does not exist yet. it is the failure of the government and i should not be penalized for it. i would happily bypass delhi once that highway is complete. i have no desire to travel through delhi when i am going to panipat.

Last edited:

Back