Pollution Problem in Delhi NCR

Even I feel Odd-Even formula may not be feasible - But atleast there is some thought going into looking at the problems.

Its time people are told that there is going to complete ban in a couple of years.. so, its time they start working on alternates. And government works on strong public transport system.

I guess you have not heard of California's water crises and the govt. there aiming passing executive orders to restrict water usage?

I guess you havemt heard that such an order was never passed even though California is facing a drough for7 years and the restriction was for usage in gardening/fountains/swimming pools and such things.

Even the roadways department has admitted that they are not capable of handling the extra load by next month. It could have been done in a step by step manner. Done a few tests. Got the public transport system in place. Restricted it for few hours per day. Done a few studies. Anything to showcase their seriousness. What they have done is punish the people who can afford personal transport and avoid public transport for a valid reason. One of the AAP spokesperson was saying that what is your important health or your car. I am not sure what the logic is... I should dump my car which saves me from pollution on the roads to travel in a public transport inhaling all the pollution just to hope that pollution would drop down in coming months that would save us all?

The government did not do their job. They did not set up the public transport infrastructure. They cannot control the behavior and the overcharging by autos. It's the private companies that are providing a better public transport infrastructure. Instead of fixing their own issues first... They are just punishing the people who pay all the taxes to live a more comfortable life because they can and they are.

I have not traveled in Delhi Metro in many months because my last experience was less than pleasant. Anyone here who travel on DM on a regular basis? I would love to hear from them... If the Metro in Delhi is capable of handling even 10-20% extra load on a daily basis during peak hours. What about buses? How is the behavior of the auto drivers in Delhi? Have they started behaving properly in the last couple of months? Are they are reliable and sensible mode of transport for last mile connectivity?

The result was hilarious.
Delhi is going to break all records of hilarity if they end up implementing this from January 1. I am not even affected by this ruling but I am concerned because Gurgaon would be next to try this nonsense.

During peak Hours , Delhi Metro Cannot even handle a 5% increase in commuters . They can implement this move , just simply refund 50% of Taxes and increase and implement the fine when Auto drivers refuse to use meter . After the AAP Govt even Delhi Police is helpless if auto drivers dont use meters . If i have to go from west delhi to south delhi , i need to take an auto to nearest metro 40-50Rs (for 3.5Km) 1.25 Hours in Metro and another auto ride to my destination 40 Rs (3km ride) . Why would they want me to waste 2 extra hours every day , spend more money and fight withd these auto wala's ?

Public transport is simply erratic and non efficient in Delhi .

Thats why I said aiming. And yes, thats how they would need to start.... Its just a matter of time before total bans are needed.

Thats why things like carpool needs to grow...I understand trust & crime would be major factors.. But atleast it can start at a small level.
US has separate lanes for carpools, less tolls can be implemented for group usage. Encourage companies which can have work from home done to do so.

Like I said, even I am not sure if their odd-even formula makes sense. But something does need to be done.

Back