Pollution Problem in Delhi NCR

I cannot provide a reliable source for this info... But an old friend of mine is involved with the toll booths on the borders of Delhi and he stated that Delhi Government is not scrutinizing the green tax funds being collected at the borders. And the owners of the tolls are easily making at least 1.5 crore rupees by under reporting collection.

Amid Debate, Arvind Kejriwal Says Odd-Even Car Rule on Trial Basis

Delhi chief minister Arvind Kejriwal today said that the government will withdraw its new rule ... if it creates too many problems for the people.
"We will experiment with it for some time. Maybe, for 10 to 15 days. If there are too many problems, it will be stopped," he said,
"Because we wanted to redesign roads, fix public transport and bring in 10,000 new buses". ... the court's observation necessitated immediate action, he said.

@Ras Al Ghul - still a stupidity? (I know you will still say it is).

But he clarifies that they do want to improve things but there is urgent need to do something due to court's order.

Experiment is only for 10-15 days. As I said - no harm in trying - it takes just one day to withdraw if things dont go well.

PS: I know this ban may be withdrawn soon as people are not tolerant. Slight inconvenience and people would start talking against this rule overlooking pollution worries that need to be addressed immediately

I saw a video in which he talks other measures too - only this got highlighted.

I wonder what other parties wanted implemented? Especially the opposition....

First week of January is one of the the coldest and foggiest in Delhi. The decision and the timing is still stupid. Supreme Court judges are not going to travel on public transport for three days in a month so their opinion is also irrelevant. Delhi is not prepared for such a massive additional load on its public transport. It's not an opinion but a fact.

Supreme Court judges are not going to travel on public transport for three days in a month so their opinion is also irrelevant.

Read what SC judges are saying about their plan of car pooling:

Justice Thakur said judges of the top judiciary would embrace the policy wholeheartedly and explore ways to pool cars to go to their workplace. Most of the SC judges live in Delhi's Lutyens' zone, and go by separate cars to the Supreme Court. Justice Thakur could then carpool with Justice AK Sikri, his neighbour.

"We should send a message. If SC judges can, why not others," he said. "There is no difficulty. It's not a sacrifice, it's symbolic."

They live around the same place. Go to the same place. Have access to multiple cars. Plus they have drivers who can make multiple trips. Judges doing carpooling is not a sacrifice. It's a lame gesture.

Delhi people do not have such options. If they wanted to set an example... All AAP MLAs would announce travel in public transport three days a week. Judges if they want could do the same. Plus they still have no solution for the able naari working during evening and night shifts.

Judges do not face the hassle faced by the common man on the road. It is easy for me to say that I can just use Uber because I have that option. Others do not have the same option.

What has the government done on their part? Are the auto drivers any better? Are the buses any better? Has the crime situation improved? Have they created any cycle tracks? Except for enabling e rickshaws which are inherently crazy unsafe and allowing industries to work without pollution licensing or whatever.

Visibility is down to 10 meters in Delhi during morning and evening during new year in Delhi. Temperature is in the range of 1—5 degree Celsius. It's insane time to tell people to travel in open rickshaws to travel to offices.

Back