Pollution Problem in Delhi NCR

I always liked the concept of work from home, saves money spent on fuel modern PCs are power efficient and consume less power also time spent in traffic is nil. Also frees up infrastructure space for companies (seats, parking).

incentivize traveling in public transport. subsidize the cost. make it so reasonable that even unreasonable people would want to travel using it.
right now, for most people as someone already mentioned above... you pay a fortune to reach a metro station. metro is relatively quite cheap so that's nice if you can ignore the stench of sweat and possibility of pick-pocketing and molestation. if you are lucky, you can just take a short auto ride to reach your office. if you are not, you again pay a premium to an auto guy. in the end, you reach office tired and sweaty and you might have ended up paying around the same amount of money. and of course, as a lot of critics were highlighting this on news channels today... think of the women! private vehicle is a relatively safer mode for them to travel around the city. dmrc would now need to reserve more than one coach to provide them a safe molestation-free mode of travel on metro. but no guarantees after reaching the metro station. you are dependent upon a shitty feeder bus or an auto guy. they would have to provide so many exemptions to cater to these special cases that it would only result in harassment for the general public.

i wonder how much funds are being collected as green tax on the borders. would it be enough to subsidize public transport for the general public. i mean it was supposed to be used for welfare of the delhi people... would be nice to know where that money is going right now.

i wonder how many good quality buses/vans can it fund on a daily basis. collaborate with private companies like ola/uber to provide cheap last mile connectivity. there are so many options for generating employement for women and in general... delhi government has just created a pr nightmare for themselves through this knee jerk reaction on being scolded by the court.

Does the day work 24 hours or 9 to 9? What if I am working in night or swing shifts?

I am still looking for a detailed document with latest list of exemptions and inclusions. I cannot find any. Information is scattered across AAP social media posts. And I am pretty sure they have changed since the original announcements as they are finding more cases which cannot be ignored.

People are suggesting to improve transport, infrastructure, this and that.

But they are not realizing that pollution is already out of control. Something need to be done urgently.

Infrastructure planning and development takes time.

Delhi Govt. asked for more depots (land) for more buses - but I think it got rejected or still pending by center.

Government alone can not do anything.

People should help in experiment that is being done instead of thinking about ways to bypass the odd / even rules.

Back