Pollution Problem in Delhi NCR

well it's internet enabled so i can actually control it from anywhere on the planet. as for cleaning air... it's in mom's room and she seems to be satisfied with it. though it has not saved her from using a nebulizer over the last couple of days.

Mi Filters are out of stock. Logically speaking no one with Mi Air Purifier should have needed filters by now unless they were running it at full blast 24x7 in a heavily polluted environment.

Never knew of such device called as Air Purifier, until I saw advert of Kent and some other brand.
How does this work? Pulls all dust particles from Air?
Its sad to see that now World needs this device to get Pure Air, after Water Filters become regular thing at every house.

most devices in the market just suck air and pass through multiple filters which trap the dust particles and other stuff. it does not chemically pure air. ro is i assume much more complicated in comparison. you are essentially paying for a device that works as a fan with a filter installed behind the fan :P

How regularly will the filter need to be cleaned though? Like the AC i.e. once per season (once per 6 months-ish) or more regularly?

they needs to be replaced. mi charge 2500. they claim filters can last for as long as 6 months. but that can be managed only if you run the purifier for 2-3 hours per day. of course, it also depends upon how much dust is in the area where it is installed. they do ask you to use a vacuum or blower to clean the holes on the body from which air is sucked on a regular basis because dust tends to get collected there. air purifiers are going to be quite expensive if you decide to get one for each room in your house. i originally got it for my own place in the basement of the house but realized that it made more sense for my mom who is asthmatic. would buy a second unit once i get a basic idea on how long filters tend to last and whether mi would keep them in stock after a year or so.

My workplace has heavy duty purifiers that run automatically throughout the day. Blue Star ones.

went out to the market in the evening to buy some stuff. mi app was showing 2.5 value at 600 which is the max supported by the app/device. so it was more than 12 times the safe limit by indian standard and 24 times the safe limit by european standard.

Back