Porting from Reliance CDMA to Vodafone GSM

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 99
  • Views Views 48,265
chromaniac said:
i thought home visits were mandatory for verification process?
They don't. Address proof is enough for them. In my case when I ported from Airtel to Aircel I just gave my Aadhaar Card as both ID proof and Address Proof.
However, once the number is ported, u shud call Vodafone and tell ur Name, Address they will verify and then only Activate the number for u

Right. The Vodafone store guy talked about calling some number to activate the connection. Hopefully tomorrow.

Porting from bpl to reliance. The reliance chap had come home for verification yesterday :sI guess home visits are needed for postpaid.

got ported my airtel no(postpaid) to idea yesterday(prepaid), i dialed my other mobile no for the first call and i was redirected to verify my no. to verification helpline. they asked about the type of documents submitted and address as mentioned on documents etc and my no got actived in 5 min to call ..

chromaniac said:
So, almost six days have passed. Number has not switched. Who do I contact to get an update on my request?
Vodafone too has not sent any person for verification of the new owner of the number which I read is supposed to happen as well.
Man I just switched from reliance cdma to reliance gsm and it was some harrowing experience, I called CC like 100 times and was unable to get through .. But somehow luck favored me and they ported my number in about 9-10 days time, my advantage was perhaps because I would still be with reliance ..
In your case you are porting out of reliance to another network, So GOD Bless U my friend cause Ambanis wont want to see you go easily ...

You never gave details of mnp plan vodafone offered? Also did they charged security?

I did not select any specific plan though the shopkeeper told me that he would put me on the 250 rental plan which offered the best VFM deal. :
Since I transferred the number from brother to my name, Rs. 250 was charged. No charges if the transfer was made on the same name.

Back