Possible to use the SIP/Voip from voice on FTTH with Freepbx or something similar?

hello , I am using excitel connection in bangalore and was able to configure bsnl wings in my router . i am getting incoming calls but not able to dial. . i think i have to make some changes in my voip basic / advanced settings . Please help

Can anyone really help me in configuring sip. I have installed the gransteam wave app. What should i enter for sip server ,sip user id ,sip authentication id ,password, fields etc. I am newbie here . If anyone can help me out please..

Just adding it here for my own future reference 😅

In GS Wave, you could use the following settings

Code:
SIP Server: 192.168.149.78 or kl.ftthvoip.bsnl.in (Please note only one of these would work, depending on how your VOIP account is provisioned)
SIP User Id and authentication Id: 91<std code><voip number> (for example 9148429xxxxxx)
Password: 0000 (yes it's stupid)

Screenshot_20200425-155056.png

However, please note that, to get calls to work properly, you need to install siproxd on your router. From a siproxd perspective, the config is really simple, all you need to give is the inbound and outbound interface names. In OpenWRT this is how it would be, where lan is as the name suggests the LAN network, you wouldn't have to change this. And wan_voip is the VOIP interface, this you would need to change as necessary.

Code:
    option interface_inbound lan
    option interface_outbound wan_voip

You'd also need to add static routes to that the VOIP traffic goes via the VOIP interface and not through the main internet gateway. In addition to the route to the SIP server, you'd also need to add the route for the destination 10.191.0.0/16 to go via the VOIP interface.

Screenshot 2020-05-12 at 6.16.42 PM.webp

Now in GS Wave, you need to set the IP address of your router where siproxd runs as an outbound proxy.

Screenshot_20200425-155104.jpg

With this, you would be able to make and receive calls as required.

You could also use the built-in SIP client in Android, screenshots from my phone below.

Screenshot_20200425-155119.pngScreenshot_20200425-155125.png

@philip

Last edited:
I will try this with airtel, although when i called airtel for the sip password, they had no clue what i was taking about. They were like do you need the password for static ip address . I said no, sip stands for session initiation protocol for voip. ineed the username and password for that just like you have for pppoe. And they had no clue. although all the settings for SIP are there in my ONT just the password is hidden , if i can extract the password from the ONT then i think this can be done on airtel too.

Thank you very much @varkey bro for all the help, sadly nothing was in favor. Even connected using Team Viewer and tried to configure. You tried your best to help, that is so great of you. Hope openwrt release a stable version for my C6

Back