Proctect Your Dataone Broadband

bsnl dataone protection
The bsnl dataone is growing very fast but there are several loop holes in their system. With the help of which one easily know others login id and password by just knowing their ip address .Here are some tips to prevent such illegal access.

Here's a challenge.

My IP address is "117.195.96.54" and I am connected in PPPoE mode and yes I have NOT CHANGED my modem password.

Now tell me what is my Broadband Username and Password.

Regarding Username I would have posted a screenshot of my BB Usage page so you might get it.

But tell me what my password is.

@sahyadri
My IP address is \"117.195.96.54
BSNL NIB in Maharastra.
NO. Your present Dynamic IP needed
Display IP Address
PM to me this now.

:OBSNL is very strict regarding usage of other's accounts. If the affected person complains, the stealer will face a lof of unfavourable consequences. I have across a case in another forum where such a stealer was legally prosecuted. Ijjat ka fallooda ban jayega.

In PPPoE connection the user name and password can be accessed by any one how knows your ip address and modem password which usually people do not change from its default which is admin.So anybody can access your modem and read your user name and the password also can be easily demasked by using simple software .

Heh, hopefully I don't come across too rude to you! But I am always sceptical when I see a person trying this link to blog/website thing. The whole Web 2.0 linkwhoring. You can just as well post a thread here and make an entry into the wiki.

You can get hacked in bridge mode if you do not shut off some useless services in OS like Windows. Or check and patch it every Tuesday. Or if your firewall settings are configured incorrectly. Write a tutorial on that, that will be far more helpful from security perspective!

There is nothing inherently wrong with PPPoE mode. All that's wrong is with users who configure their systems incorrectly. As far as improving security is concerned, Bridge mode and PPPoE does not even matter. Both can be secure or insecure.

I am almost tempted to give out my IP and let ou go ahead and hack my modem. But I am not feeling that bored right now heheh. Besides if my connection drops some poor sod will be at the receiving end of whatever cute little tool "hackers" download from IRC.

And the most important by this setting one need not requires to get up at 2 in the night to switch on the modem.

People have been rebooting their modem with the Telnet Scripting Tool for years. Oldest 'trick' in the book. No need to get up at 0200 hours. Or 0800.

Hey are you still browsing the net?Looks like you are having FTP and Email transactions

getting password is possible.. i have worked with this.. it may not be possible if you are secure.. but most users on the web arent.. i tried to check your ip.. but the latest one posted at 8:30 doesnt seem to be the latest.. is it?

Back