• Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4
  • Views Views 3,262
Status
Not open for further replies.

ron.cool

ISP
Tata
Hi friends,iam migrating from tata DSL to Wimax due to too much link problems i need to know some things from who have used TATA WIMAX already.1.I need dynamic ip will i get it (currently i do get dynamic ip)2.which router i"ll get ?3.Is the signals are good for wireless connection.I live at North delhi4.Is it this wimax connection is portable? iam moving to Bangalore next month for studies...and i cant carry their router so i need to purchase it their...but if their is any MAC-ADRESS binding is there i cant use it there... due to different router :-(and please share yours experience with wimax technolgy... :-)Thanks

@ Ron I have just hooked to a TATA Wimax connection today. I am surprised by their turnarround time to install a connection. I filled up the form and paid the money via checque yesterday morning and today the connection was installed at my place @ 11:30 AM. They are so quick. Answers to some of your questions. 1. Yes you will get a dynamic IP unless you specially opt for a plan which gives you STATIC IP. 2. You will get a WIMAX box (installed on the roof) and a modem that supports demodulation of signals from that rooftop box. This modem will have feasiblity of connection only 1 PC at your home. You can further install a router or WIFI router to give connectivity to more then 1 PCs. 3. I live in Pitampura and the signal strength is very good. My signal strength was messured at 30. You will get a good signal unless your house is not surrounded by high building that may block signals coming from TATA Indicom tower. 4. No there is no MAC address binding in case of dynamic IP plan. I am not sure of Static IP plan. You can request for another rooftop box and modem in banglore and can still use the same Login credentials. So you can use internet at both the places on one single plan. There is definately an advantage from migrating the DSL connection to WIMAX connection. Because you will not face disconnections when some other ISP competitor cuts the wire intentionally. Hope this helps.

i also enquired about them and they are ready to install in 1 day, the tower is about 1.4km far from my home by air so they said signals wud be ok, ilive in a high rise building and house location is very good. But im not sure how tata wimax quality is , ill be using a desktop and laptop and have a Netgear wireless router. Can i use it easily?:ashamed:

i also enquired about them and they are ready to install in 1 day, the tower is about 1.4km far from my home by air so they said signals wud be ok, ilive in a high rise building and house location is very good. But im not sure how tata wimax quality is , ill be using a desktop and laptop and have a Netgear wireless router. Can i use it easily?:ashamed:

oh yes. I have been using Wimax now for last 3 days and havnt faced any disconnection. Tata has just realised how good WIMAX techonology is and that is the reason they are also promoting migeration of DSL wired connection to WIMAX connection.

If the signal strength is good at your house location then definately go for the TATA WIMAX connection. You will not face any issues in using TATA with the wireless router. I have been using 2 laptops and 1 desktop with wireless router on TATA Wimax. Its working good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back