Question about torrent usage

• Thread starter Thread starter m_k
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 20
  • Views Views 3,948
linux cant act as replacement of windows...we have some softwares which doesnt have linux version...so forced to use windows :cursing:

I think except games, u have replacement for most things.......

Replacement is wrong word I think....proper word is "alternative"..yes we have alternative for almost all the popular tools but when someone wants to use particular software and they dont have linux versions of that then we have to switch to windows

@ Dilip....Yes i have heard of it, but i dont know how successful it is. And i am not bothered to find out, coz i dont find time to play games these days.@ almon,Which specific apps u are talking about?

@meetdilipwine is good for small games, and AFAIK it supports small number of games. @jayminAdobe photoshop,Autocad,Cubase are the few ones...some Indian but popular softwares are Tally, kundli etcThe list continues :)..and I also remember I am unable to open sbi trading account on mac as it supports only internet explorer. No hack is working. same goes with PNB internet account

well if almon is correct then its really a long list. I am no linux user but a quick Google search showed many linux alternative of Photoshop and Autocad. But about the effectiveness of those software i have no idea it have to be confirmed by some linux user i guess. Also I always use firefox and crome to go to sbi account and also sbi mutual fund account so i also have a question regarding almon saying sbi only works with internet explorer. No idea about PNB though.
Adobe Photoshop Alternatives For Linux Desktop
is there autocad for linux/ubutnu ??? [Archive] - Ubuntu Forums

I havent tried these things, so wont comment. may be others wud be knowing......

@m_kI was talking about SBI TRADING ACCOUNT...not normal SBI saving account...and as i said there is difference between "alternative" and same software.I am helpless when I have to work in Tally / photoshop. Photoshop best alternative is GIMP but ask any professional how good GIMP is...

Thanks everyone for this disscution........ and for my original question i am glad that bsnl wont be giving warning for downloading from torrent. Thanks again and good by for now......have fun everyone.

Back