RBI wants you to fill the entire card details for every online payment

I just got a notification from Wefast (Razor pay) that my payment failed and there's no link to make the payment again. Lol

Bigbasket, Goibibo, MakeMyTrip, JioPay, Juspay, Paytm, and PhonePe join hands with NPCI to introduce a Tokenization facility supported by the recently launched NPCI Tokenization System

I am wondering what all international services would stop catering to Indian customers. Locally it should be fine coz businesses have no options.

Stripe has presence in India. PayPal probably would also work. But from the looks of it, not everyone would support Indian cards in near future.

From what I understand there should not be a any problem if we are making payments manually without saving card details right? (Om international site)

the heroku thing causes confusion. Amazon aws has confirmed that they would not save card and we would have to enter the details every single time.

my primary local requirement is Grofers and amazon. grofers indicated recently that they have added support for tokenization on visa... so it might come handy there. amazon adding support would save me a lot of hassle shopping online.

international as long as payment is accepted is manageable. it might become a problem with smaller payment processors. the ones used by small software developers. like i buy xenforo addons. or software utilities. or pay for some web services online. not everyone uses stripe or another big player. i do not want to get paypal account and not everyone seems to support paypal for payment without account. remains to be seen.

credit card was one reliable thing you could use to pay online. rbi has gone ahead and fucked that as well. probably to push rupay support globally.

Reminds me of being forced to use fake paypal account with different country as RBI rule makes it mandatory to withdraw money from payal and earlier only credit card worked with paypal to fund. Credit card was not easy to get 10 yrs ago for me. And I could not reuse money that i earned and got paid via PayPal.

Later I got one with fd somehow but overall it was pita.

When ordering on swiggy with visa card I agreed for tokenization but I don't know what happened after that becaus I can still that card saved.

Is they any portal on visa to check all tokens and revoke any if i want?

Back