RBI wants you to fill the entire card details for every online payment

Can you please stop inserting Rupay in every thread you comment upon.
Why ? :rolleyes: :rolleyes: Why too much hate for RuPay ? :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Same thing, i can speak too. Can you guys pls stop inserting visa in every thread you comment upon. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Because rupay doesn't work everywhere. I still remember, got rupay card from SBI few years back and to my surprise it didn't work on websites like flipkart, Amazon etc. forget about any international website. No one at bank knew what to do and why the card was not working on majority Indian sites. In the end manager asked me to get visa card and I am happy not using rupay since than. I don't hate rupay and there is no harm in having our own payment system but the system should be acceptable internationally everywhere. Many here visit foreign countries and use their cards at foreign websites/gateways, where rupay is useless.

Last edited:
I had applied for a new PNB debit card due to merger with OBC and all the new cards are coming with RuPay only. I mean there was not even an option as to which service I want to subscribe. Waiting for it to give up on me and I would have a good fight with those PNB officials.
This shoving of Rupay down our throats without resolving the issues is going too far now.. 😤

Last edited:
1639764807189.webp

Freecharge thinks tokenization is a new year present.

Last edited by a moderator:
Amazon just sent out an email that they are not yet ready with the change and till they are ready use UPI.
Thank you for shopping on Amazon.in. We are very grateful for your continued patronage and we continue to strive to provide you a great shopping experience.

We would like to inform you on an upcoming change on your cards payment experience as per a recent announcement by the Reserve Bank of India (RBI). Starting 1st January 2022, your debit and credit cards will not be stored by your favorite merchants like Amazon. You will, however, be able to save your cards as per new RBI guidelines where your card details are encrypted and stored with your card networks.

With the new RBI guidelines, your debit or credit card details will be replaced with a unique encrypted number, called ‘token’. Amazon will only store this token and use it for processing your payments, whereas your card details will be securely saved with your card’s network partner such as VISA, Mastercard, etc. Your cards can be securely saved only with your explicit permission.

Few benefits of saving your cards as per new RBI guidelines:
• It will keep your card details even more secure and safe to transact.
• It will help you avoid the hassle of entering full card details for every payment
• It will provide you more control of your card data as you can also delete the card token any time.

We are working to make this feature available for you on Amazon. We will reach out to you soon for your permission to continue extending a seamless payment experience on your debit or credit cards.

Meanwhile, you can also continue using your Amazon Pay UPI for a quick, convenient and rewarding payment experience.

He is being paid by RBI or NPCI for that. No one loves rupay that much unless you are working for them.
As a merchant I love Rupay because commission is just 0.2% compared to 1-2% on Visa and Mastercard. I actually ask customers to make payment by Rupay or UPI QR. UPI or Bharat QR has 0% commission and works wonders in a business having tight profit margins.

Infact, I am part of Mumbai Traders association and there are talks of everyone dropping Visa and Mastercard and go RuPay and UPI exclusively.

I think they have almost abandoned Cards in China and everyone is scanning QR codes for payment. That seems like a future we are headed at seeing stringent rules imposed for physical cards data storage. Soon, even international sites will have UPI integration if enough customers demand it.

Last edited:

Back