RBI wants you to fill the entire card details for every online payment

Soon, even international sites will have UPI integration if enough customers demand it.

Customers are not demanding it. It is being forced upon us. If I go to a bank today and they outright refuse to offer me a VISA and issue me a Rupay, it doesn't mean Rupay is getting popular. It means you are taking my choice away so that the govt can claim everyone wants Rupay.

It's also cute that npci has their social media team focusing on boosting rupay positivity on online forums. No one really care about forums anymore when you can just hire a few social media influencers.

Again you will be surprised to know that most merchants only take either take cash or upi.
We don't have much of a choice here. Most have even removed Paytm wallet patient option. Given a choice my preference anyways has been
card >> Paytm (wallet) >> cash >> upi (it messes up the statement if used for doing small statements)

And you can imagine that this won't happen once all banks start charging for UPI payments. Only a few banks are charging after x number of free transactions right now. Npci and banks keep on complaining about it and have indicated multiple times that this is not going to remain free at consumer end forever.

Bank accounts are just terrible source of payments for daily purchases. And because people are not using cash for smaller transactions, retailers don't always have change available at their end forcing more people to use UPI or Card for smaller transactions boosting number even further.

This is just the transitional time when they are going after Visa and MasterCard. Eventually everyone (both retailer and consumer) would be paying for all transactions.

Visa & Master cards gives more rewards and offers. GOT IT

Apart from that don't RUPAY cards boost our economy a little bit if all the money and charges stays within India. JUST ASKING.

Govt fucks up the economy but it is up to us to boost it for them by using shittier methods of payment? Got it.

Back