Recommended Google Android Apps

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 745
  • Views Views 61,463
Status
Not open for further replies.
You can also visit Sensorly.com to see maps of your area. It would show the best operator network coverage of your area.Surprising in Mumbai MTNL is covered vastly along with Vodafone Airtel & Idea & Loop.The Worli sea link has only 2g network currently which is only covered by MTNL. Things may change once many users contribute in active and passive modes !You need the app to contribute to them !!

A wonderful app but surprisingly I am using Vodafone Sim and its not showing Vodafone coverage.

crowdsourcing apps like these (waze is another good example) does not work very well here in india. first there are not enough people with smartphones around you. even fewer are expected to have these apps and data connections at the same time.

And that's the reason App Market is so underutilized in India. Anyways will try it in various places and will also force all android friends to use this app. :D

When I first time installed this app, I also had this map as blank in Mumbai (Airtel)
Now whatever places I have covered (in 2G) is showing properly.

If another user contributes for a 3G, then 2G data is overwritten by 3G coverage.

Does 3G network coverage means that we would get 2G by default? I think its no.

A wonderful app but surprisingly I am using Vodafone Sim and its not showing Vodafone coverage.

It needs some 1 hour to update your contribution.

can someone tell me an app to make free voip calls over wifi to landline and mobile national and internationally for free unlimited minutes by not paying?

Can someone tell how to use this app. :/

Its simple:
You will need a active gprs/3g data plan.
You will need GPS enabled on your phone
You will need to be under sky...(or atleast your phone should be visible to sky to get GPS Lock)

Try to map a trip by clicking start button... visit some lanes in your area...

Then you will see the coverage of your area in the map. That coverage will be only of your carrier.

Many users use this and as they would have different carriers, you can compare the coverage in the compare tab of the app. It would give the average signal strengths of the carrier.

can someone tell me an app to make free voip calls over wifi to landline and mobile national and internationally for free unlimited minutes by not paying?

Nothing is free in this world bud!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back