Recording one programme while watching antoher

• Thread starter Thread starter venkig77
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 10
  • Views Views 2,433

venkig77

ISP
BSNL
Hi Guys, I have Tata Sky DTH subscription. I want to buy Philips DVD recorder. I dont want to go for recorder provided by Tatasky simply becuase in future I can use the same recorder with other DTH service providers as well. Is it possible to record a one channel in DVD recorder while watching another? For example can I record the program running in Neo Sports while watching some other programme on Star Plus?I am asking this question becuase one of my friends told me that by connecting AV OUT of TataSky setup box to AV IN of DVD recorder I can record only the programme that I am watching at the moment. Can somebody help me answering the question? -venkatesh

Is it Philips DVD recorder available in India?

I am not sure about the Philips india website. I am planning to buy it through one of my friends who is working for philips. It costs about 14k

I am not sure about the Philips india website. I am planning to buy it through one of my friends who is working for philips. It costs about 14k

14K :ashamed:

Is it hd included in this dvr? If included what is the hd capacity?

Thanks Pranav.
Will I be able to record if I connect RF OUT of Tata Sky setup box to RF IN of DVD recorder? I mean, Will I be able to achieve the functionality if I connect RF OUT of setup box to RF IN of DVD player and AV OUT of STB to AV IN of TV. I can use component cable to view the recorded items from DVD recorder.

Yes, 250GB HD is available. Model number is DVDR3590H. You can search and download user guide from the net.

Yes, 250GB HD is available. Model number is DVDR3590H. You can search and download user guide from the net.

Thanks for details :)

i had the 3590 for a week and was very excited initially but its ui is horrible considering its a Philips and it cost a lot of money. sold it for 12.5 k after a week making a loss of 2.5k. thank god for that. Tata Sky plus is here!!!!! you cant record anything other than what you are viewing on an external dvr cos even if they are available with 2 tuners, tata sky receiver outputs only one signal so you must watch what you are recording. also, timing and channel changing is dicey as you must set all of that before you leave. its a pain and a headache. stay way from it.picture quality also sucks, and there was full on banding in my picture on my Sony w400 40 inches tv. also the edges of the picture were also horribly whitened. very inferior!

Back