recovering password of dataone broadband

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 31
  • Views Views 20,339
Netfreak. Great ! SmartAxMt882. yes could see the password in plain language.Browser FireFox2.0.0.4. View source was enough.Had to scroll down the page.. Thanks for the tip.

Isn't it strange that so many websites send password in plaintext? Looks like someone needs to tech them Software security 101

D-Link 502t doesnt encrypt password. just doing view source wud let u see password. u need to search for password 1 or 2 times.

i am new in this forum. i do the steps.but actually this gives the password of modem(default is admin).but it is not the password of bb user.so explain it please.:O:(

D-Link 502t doesnt encrypt password. just doing view source wud let u see password...

Maybe I was using a different version of frimware or something...

In my case, if you look for password you will come across html "input" field, but its value was NOT set. So if you do view source then you will see this password field but not the actual password.

Page was calling some JavaScript code to set the value at runtime.

this gives the password of modem...not the password of bb user.

You are most probably looking at the wrong page.

i am using UT-300R2U and i have checked source. the only password field situated in the tools menu.so still i am confused.anyway thnx

I have not used this modem, so not sure about it. Just a guess, page that has modem password might be different from the page that has PPPOE details.Is that the case?

thank u.as i am using bridge mode so may be the password stored inside the system itself and not inside modem.i will change to ppp mode and then again i will look for this.but earlier i switched to ppp mode and i had got lots of error 678. so i am now using bridge mode. i think it is more safe and robust than ppp.

If you are using bridge mode then modem will not have 'BSNL User's' password.

Are you sure your friend forgot the pw or is it some kind to trick to get the job done.Anyways, there's lot of softwares available on net. Try searching...Good Luck.

Back