Reliance Big TV DTH Service Launch

• Thread starter Thread starter pondpaka
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 424
  • Views Views 236,323
@Kedar,I am confused with satcoDX chart...1. Why video encoding for all channels is mentioned as MPEG2 (not MPEG4 as expected)?2. Video bandwidth for most TV channels is very low, 0.0x?? "type" for these channels is mentioned as "DATA", so as you had mentioned if they are neither TV or RADIO (i.e. EPG, active,game etc), then where are actual "TV" channels?3. Only BOLLYWOOD channels (which I presume must be pay-per-view movies) are showing higher bandwidth, but even that is not great, only about 1Mbps in MPEG2:huh: Is this authentic data? and how reliable is it? (Or am I interpreting it in a wrong way!?)

Just to let visitors know what they are moving onto is having a link on it and just to make it a bit interactive that visitors dont feel bored - either make it underlined or change colors.

Call center people gives no information!!! They know only 1 english word "soon"

Last time NDTV Profit told us Big Tv Will launch June 1 now Hindu/moneycontrol.com info us July 1, who knows :(

You right MATE, Its happenin in JUNE... Glue to the TV, Mr.Ambani will be holdin a Press conference today evenin!!! Launch is in the third weekend of this month!!! Those of who want to only may believe!!! For those who want proofs, this aint no criminal investigation. Good day all of youChaoRegardsShenoy

In history, our GODs and GODDESSEs have given proofs too (to prove themselves right. Ref: Ramaayan, Mahabhaarat and many others...) ! So, proof is always required. Today Evening? What time? Which channel? (Today = when? Which "today" - today's today? 6 June 2008 or are you using "today" for any other date in upcoming months/years?) Any way, we are in independent india and have democracy. You are NOT forced to give proof. Dont give, we may not believe! - Take it easy dude.

Good one!!~~~ It seems that Anil Ambani thinks "others" the hottest chicks and he is flirting with every one ~~~ I mean, he is also playing around with the people and his own "men" might be spreading off roumours - just another way to create a hype and negative publicity before a commercial launch! (so, now it involves news channels too) But i still wish - this gets true now! he has been flirting enough for quite long :)

You right MATE, Its happenin in JUNE... Glue to the TV, Mr.Ambani will be holdin a Press conference today evenin!!! Launch is in the third weekend of this month!!! Those of who want to only may believe!!! For those who want proofs, this aint no criminal investigation.

Good day all of you
Chao
Regards
Shenoy

When you give a news give the details properly. Don't give broken information!! :frown:

@Kedar,

I am confused with satcoDX chart...

1. Why video encoding for all channels is mentioned as MPEG2 (not MPEG4 as expected)?

2. Video bandwidth for most TV channels is very low, 0.0x?? \"type\" for these channels is mentioned as \"DATA\", so as you had mentioned if they are neither TV or RADIO (i.e. EPG, active,game etc), then where are actual \"TV\" channels?

3. Only BOLLYWOOD channels (which I presume must be pay-per-view movies) are showing higher bandwidth, but even that is not great, only about 1Mbps in MPEG2:huh: Is this authentic data? and how reliable is it? (Or am I interpreting it in a wrong way!?)
Even I don't know why they don't mention it as MPEG4 (although they highlight all MPEG4 channels in Green background as in SUN DTH too)
Also about TV channels marked as DATA, I guess its some problem with SATCODX regarding MPEG4 channels (as no problem about MPEG2 channels in Tata Sky/DISH/DDD+)
About bandwidth, it seems for MPEG4, 1~2 Mbps may be sufficient as SUN DTH channels also have bandwidth 1~2 Mbps, while DISH/DDD+ channels are having 2~4 Mbps
INSAT 4B, NSS 6 - India (95.0E) Last Chart Update: 2008-06-06, 11:18

Back