Reliance Big TV DTH Service Launch

• Thread starter Thread starter pondpaka
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 424
  • Views Views 236,324
ok, no worries... lets see! just hoping it to launch soon now.

Dont we get to know about all these what you mentioned --- bandwidth is allocated, signals etc... through STB? Doesnt it show any such tech info when we switch on STB and TV?

By the way, on which channel does STB start showing us a vision? (Eg: if we attach DVD, it runs on DVD channel on TV)
To get Video on TV, there are 2 ways -
1. Through AV connectors. Check the connector to which STB is connected (AV1/AV2...) from TV manual & based on that select appropriate AV
2. RF - Like we use to receive terrestial (DD) & local analog cable. After connecting STB to TV by RF cable. Scan the TV for UHF channels & after getting Video, set the TV for that RF channel.

Thank you:happy:

will can you explain ?
what encoding technology used

If i want a perfect DVD picture quality how much bandwidth is allocated, for both audio and video?

Please explain what this Chart means?

http://img408.imageshack.us/img408/6397/30204914cy3.jpg

MEASAT 3 - India (91.5E) Last Chart Update: 2008-06-05, 08:43
The chart gives downlink information
Coverage - Region covered by satellite beam along with signal strength
12.523 GHz - Downlink frequency (Ku band)
V/H - Polarisation
Type - TV/Radio/Data (EPG,Game,Active)
Channel - Channel transmitted
TS - Bandwidth allocated
Mode/Crypt - Compression method (MPEG2/MPEG4) & Encryption applied
SR - Symbol rate of data flow
VPID/APID - Packet identifiers uniquely assigned to indentify each channel
PCR - Packet identifiers for sync signal
Language - Audio Languge of broadcast, Stereo/Mono & Bit rate
Network - Provider name

Anil will sing this after a lunch: Buland Bhaarat ki Buland Tasvir ----- Hamara BIG, Hamara BIG TVvvvvvvv :hysterical:

I feel somehow that this website - Big TV - may not be an actual site that they are gonna launch (at the time if commercial product launch).

Somehow i feel that it doesnt look professional (compared to TS and Dish websites) and even if we compare it to other RIL websites (Mobile, IPTV, Broadband etc...), this BIG TV site doesnt look impressive - looks too compact and like local cablewala's website... doesnt make an impact of indian giant DTH next revolution website!

I feel, they have set up (till a commercial launch) to avoid (and to hide on-going work) hits on actual website they may be still developing!!!!

(Here through this forum, we guys keep getting each and every updated links/pages so to hide their on-going web development from general public, they kept this UP so that we keep checking that URL and they may be keep developing something else somewhere into other folder on a same domain)... Possible!

Any way, lets see how they launch it commercially!!! I am so keen that every morning, i keep watching newspaper just to see if there is any (BIG) advertisement... hope i get to see 1 soon!

If i want a perfect DVD picture quality how much bandwidth is allocated, for both audio and video?

There are no fixed numbers, but here is what I believe-

Video: 5+Mbps in MPEG2 is real DVD quality (not as in Tata Sky:p). MPEG4 (h.264 avc or part10) can subjectively achieve similar quality at roughly half the bandwidth. For HD quality, MPEG4 needs about 8+Mbps while MPEG2 needs 20+Mbps. Therefore MPEG4 based DTH companies will have advantage over MPEG2 ones. They can either afford to show more channels and/or at better quality. (Though I am sure they will prefer the former!)

Audio: For stereo audio, 100+ Kbps is good in mp3 (AAC which can be used in MPEG4 is better). 200+Kbps is excellent (near CD quality). For surround, good dolby digital needs about 300+Kbps, DTS needs more.

Back