Reliance Big TV DTH Service Launch

• Thread starter Thread starter pondpaka
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 424
  • Views Views 236,326
hi frnds i m not fooling any body but this is confirm that bigtv is launching in june i m from ambala(haryana) in our city bigtv open its service centere. i visited there bcoz i m interested in dsp (direct sales provider) i talk to there sales officer for an haur. he told me if i m interested then hi can appoint me but terms are not clear he assured me that big tv launching this month but he can't tell me the date as per company rules. i told him that i m interested and u can mail my details to your seniours if i like ur terms then i will go for that i was also Tata Sky deler but i left the company bcoz low sale i m using dishtv in my home from the last 5 years(aprox.)
i m saying what he told me (big tv sales officer) let's hope it will happen he also tells me with a smile that big tv have some plans and surely it will kill tata dish and cabel

I don't know whether they will launch this month. But I am sure that it will kill Tatasky and cause sufficient damage to others.

and i just know that they would launch with a bang. and would result in thousands of frustrated users who would curse reliance dealers and their faulty backend.

Guys,
I am sorry as i promised of posting picture of a BIG dish i saw on a highway as last saturday when i went there; those people have already removed a dish. i couldnt found it on their roof! i didnt bother to ask as those people dont talk properly.

BUT - today while roaming around in a city, i saw 1 more BIG dish and this time i took a picture as soon as i saw it. (I pointed it out with a RED Arrow) Here it is:

http://img229.imageshack.us/img229/1719/bigdishjt8.jpg

Sorry, for very blurry image as i was on my bike and my cell cam is not so good (N 6600).

I then went to ask who took this connection. He is a "paan ka gallawala" (pan shop). I asked, "do you know any dealer in a city who provide a new connection?" and he didnt have any idea at all. (such people never answer properly even if they know that we dont feel to talk more). I knew that he must have a PCO (there was a public phone there too) and he must have got it through that offer and hence i didnt ask from where did you get it.

But, this is really not a good thing what Reliance is doing for DTH. Imagine, a local pan shop people have a connection and we guys are still hunting for it. They even dont know what the hell quality is! (and even what HD content is) and they are watching channels on BIG now! I dont understand why do they offer to such people who even dont know (and dont bother) about quality and technology!

Do they (Reliance Head of DTH) rank their own product on such a lower basis that they have to start with "pan shops" and "pco owners"?

Such a low side mentality...

Any way, hope they do something really BIG to meet our expectations now.

1 thing is sure... which i observed till now.

These hardwares (Dish and STB) i saw there, are all older ones. They are not as shown on their website with a new [BIG] logo on it. Its an old brand logo and even STB is an older one.

So, i guess they had problems with all of them and they may want to launch for public ONLY when they are sure that there is no problem in new hardwares.

When i went to enquire that pan shopkeeper, i saw in a TV; logo [BIG TV] continuously stays on a top left corner which is really annoying! There was some news going and their logo was disturbing a news headline - which is completely NOT GOOD and NOT ACCEPTABLE.

Hope, they are doing something about it.

yes my friend,you are totally correct, even i feel that Reliance is doing thing in a very slow and stupid way. no website update, no official news about launching.since last 4 days i am also getting irritated with BIG TV, the story is........some one has posted a thread that BIG TV Demo is available in Reliance World out let ( which for their mobile sales and service)i also called CC and got confirmation that yes it is available in RWORLD outlets.since then i have visited 4 outlets, situatated in different parts of delhi, and surprisingly there was no demo or display of BIG TV, even the outlet workers are not aware about such thing.only one outlet was having a display board but that too was without instruments ( TV,STB) . when i asked when u start the demo , the worker of that outlet told me that it will take another 7 days to start.this is the way.... they are entering in to the market.infact....... they should have give connection to the enthuastic ppl of this forum, by this way they can get a good feedback from our side, rather then giving conection to the PANWALA or PCO owner....... you are right , what they know about the DTH or quality , or broadcasting ... they even do not know how to operate it .but............ since we are not a R energy customer , PcO owner or we have also not gone to the NAUCHANDI mela ........ we will not have the connection .... as well.....we have to wait ....... wait........ wait.......wait............this is the only thing we can do....

yes brothers, isi mahine mai launch ho jayga , ye sahi hai or pakka, my frined have webworld reliance,he told me......:yahoo:

June can be a month (seems to be) but who knows whats going in their mind - a stupid idea - a DTH company tries to enter into a market in a monsoon!!! (They should have worked faster and should have launched it in march or april so that in initial phase they dont suffer of bad weather/heavy rain/lightening) - BUT now lets wait n watch - even though it enters with a big bang, lets see whether a weather affects its hype (and of course a reputation) or not! Picture abhi baaki hain mere dost :O

Yep... WaIt N wAtCh....! ~~~> Lets see when do they feel to take out their 9month baby out (after 9, 18 or 24 months!!!):D After all, its Reliance! They do expected things unexpectedly. LOL

I saw it.. i think its of same size (may be a few cm bigger) - i didnt notice that.. but i dont think its bigger than DISH TV dish. May be a new hardware will be smaller... By the way, why do they even need a Dish? Cant it be just a small 1 x 1 dish (where they only mention a company name) and a pipe comes out of it (same as in existing dish) - as everyone says that rounded dish has to do nothing in catching signals... everything that plays a role is decoder and other instrument then why that even a rounded dish needed?

as everyone says that rounded dish has to do nothing in catching signals...

Everyone? I am bit surprised because the dish is supposed to reflect signal and focus it on the LNA (tip of the pipe where it is "caught"), and I believe the dish has a parabolic surface designed for this purpose. Also, bigger dish is supposed to provide stronger signal as compared to smaller ones.

Oh is it so???? amazing!!!I didnt know it... Imagine a small DTH dish (big tv for an example), gives us a DVD quality then what can a 100 times bigger dish give us? (Must be better than HD) LOL :) Is it really true? Does a rounded dish play such role?

Back