Reliance Big TV DTH Service Launch

• Thread starter Thread starter pondpaka
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 424
  • Views Views 236,294
Why do you guys think Reliance is gonna do any better than the existing players? I'm not being pessimistic, but, Reliance hasn't done anything excellent before. I hardly hear of people using Reliance mobiles in urban areas. Their broadband is one of the costliest, and their tariffs or speeds haven't been revised in ages.I'm sorry to say, but I've got little hope in Reliance.

thts sad yaar..I have been waiting for Big tv frm a very long time..:cry:

@ designwebgraphic, why u serve old news to people the news which u served people from hindustan times is of April 02, 2008 & then hindustan times published the news on June 09, 2008 which is as below. you instruct the people dont spread rumors & what u are doing?

News on 2nd april which u shown from hindustan times

Big TV may launch only in Aug- Hindustan Times

News on 09th june it is also from hindustan times

Reliance may launch Big TV this month- Hindustan Times

both news are from same person called Saurabh Turakhia

Its really disappointing to hear and i wonder why the management of big tv they are delaying their launch:(

Bharti is not sleeping..... I am currently travelling and in pune for my consulting assignment with another telecom comp and guess what....... I saw a Dish pointed to a satellite and the dish is Airtel DTH's !!!!!! If you guys dont trust me...... you can do the following...Go to Vega center in Swargate, pune ( This building is the office for both airtel and Idea cellular ) just behind the first building of vega center look up near second floor on the corner of the building to see the airtel branded DTH dish.. I saw this today from the back building where i was working ( idea cellular office ) I guess they are not too far behind Big TV and D2H .....

@ designwebgraphic, why u serve old news to people the news which u served people from hindustan times is of April 02, 2008 & then hindustan times published the news on June 09, 2008 which is as below. you instruct the people dont spread rumors & what u are doing?

News on 2nd april which u shown from hindustan times

Big TV may launch only in Aug- Hindustan Times

News on 09th june it is also from hindustan times

Reliance may launch Big TV this month- Hindustan Times

both news are from same person called Saurabh Turakhia

Spreding Rumour = You say something without proof. I am showing a proof (Irrelevant when it got published) - i am not trying hard to find all PAST news. I just googled a word and i found this link on 1st page (and didnt find today's news of course).

And see a title "Reliance MAY launch..." and not "will launch..." - they are also not sure and that is called as spreading a rumour - something that you are not sure of - using "may" - if you're sure - using "will" thats not called as spreading rumour...

I shown with a source...... any way, leave this. you guys are less experience in talking and understanding business words.

But i am happy to read current news. Hope it launches on 24th (but dont you think what they say - adv with Abhi will start just 4 days ago of a launch? Thats 19 or 29th June - Thursday or Friday) - Usually, SUNDAY is the best for something to be published when most of the people usually have plenty of time to read newspaper in details and time to stick in front of their TV as well...

Any way, whatever strategy they apply - lets just hope we get BIG in a big way!

what makes you think it is a DTH dish ? It could be a VSAT dish for example ? Vega Centre has Airtel Pune Region(al) office/Pune HQ. I am not too convinced it is a DTH dish. It can be ofcourse, but I doubt :-)

It is unclear what satellite bharti will acquire for its DTH service as per the scatmag editorial Satellite & Cable TV it says "Will Dish TV & Zee move to the Protostar satellite next month ? This would require a re-alignment of all Dish TV DTH antennae. Will Bharti Airtel get the NSS transponder ? "
And in one column it shows some thing different Satellite & Cable TV
DTH PLATFORM
TRANSPONDERS
SATELLITE
DishTV9
NSS-6
95 deg E
3 MillionTataSky12
INSAT-4A
83 deg E
2 MillionDD Direct+5
INSAT-4B
93.5 deg E
5 Million (FTA)SUN TV6
INSAT-4B
93.5 deg E
0.2 millionBigTV7
MEASAT-3
91.5 deg E
to be launched June'08Bharti-Airtel6
INSAT 4CR
74 deg E
to be launched in 2008VIDEOCON6
INSAT 4CR
74 deg E
to be launched in 2008STPL?
not decided
?
?
So before drawing into any conclusions we have to wait for the test signals to start coz without a test signal nothing is clear.

Back