Reliance Big TV DTH Service Launch

• Thread starter Thread starter pondpaka
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 424
  • Views Views 236,282
Wonder.... what these famous celebs use for their TVs???? Cables, DTH or private big dishes??

Wonder.... what these famous celebs use for their TVs???? Cables, DTH or private big dishes??
and what car does he use??.... Santro, i-10 or bigger??:rofl:

BTW, big dishes reminded me of a question that I always wanted to post here...but haven't so far.
What is audio/video quality of so called "feeds" provided by TV channel companies to cable, DTH or IPTV guys? I believe all of them have some sort of satellite reception. Any idea as to what encoding do they use and at how much bandwidth? Having seen cable/Tata Sky/dishtv/bsnl iptv, I honestly feel like good old cable still provides the best picture quality of all. I am talking about the best case example, when a channel is allocated space in lower frequency rage (within first 60-70 channels), typical cable noise is very low, and probably it's original signal source itself is among the better ones!

The Santro endorsement is senseless. He endorses it of course, but with the kind of money SRK makes, his driver too wouldn't drive one.No offence meant to SRK fans here, but just a thought.

oh the deal means that he also would have every hyundai in his garage.you do not expect mr. ratan tata to drive around in a tata indigo?

The annual packages offered to employees came at a monthly subscription fee of Rs 325 with Rs 100 worth of pay per view content free. The installation charges were Rs 1000.
how much will be charged for stb then:ashamed:

you do not expect mr. ratan tata to drive around in a tata indigo?
No... I expect him to be anxiously waiting for NANO :P

Tata Nano could be a great car if they can deliver a good product... sadly it's going to be full of issues. at least the first couple of versions.

you do not expect mr. ratan tata to drive around in a tata indigo?

Mr Admin Sushubh, I only meant celebrities should atleast support their endorsement. Your Ratan Tata example is not justified to that extent. Every worthy parent stands by their offspring automatically.

Guys - this is a BIG tv thread - not Neno... else "Shushubh" will block himself for violating his own rule. :P Any way, tomorrow is 20th June (BIG TV's advertiement date) - i dont think any miracle is gonna happen tomorrow. I can not see even a single hoarding anywhere on roads (usually it happens that when they start commercials, at least they get our streets ready with hoardings) I remember VODAFONE entry - they got all their banners up in the streets/roads before they start a tv adv and announced their operational day on TV. And after all this is a BIG DTH - almost have a same importance as Reliance Mobile. (Not a small venture as BigFlix . Com - i saw bigflix shops before their commercial started - thats a silent launch but i think BIG TV will hit media first and then sales). And they will give advertisement nationwide in newspaper (not in just few states). I think the only problem with Anil is that rather keeping a straight (like an owl) target; he is keep looking around like "street dogs". Wanting to get involved in each and every small piece of shit. (MTN, BIG Enterntainment for Hollywood Investment, Adlabs Renaming to BIG Cinema, Fight with his brother and so on and on and on...) I was thinking.. what their father has done is what an innovative thing (started something 1st in a country) by using his brain and what these brothers are doing these days are just what others are already doing... 1st Hutch - and after many operator, reliance entered with a pioneer offerLocal Video Libraries - Big Flix (after 5-7 decades)Local Vegetable Market - Reliance Fresh (after "n" decades)Local Broadband - Reliance BroadbandVoIP/Calling Cards - Reliance PassportDish TV - BIG tvMTNL IPTV - Reliance IPTVFun Republic - and so as they took over Adlabs and so on & on.......... They are not doing anything new but copying what others are doing with a power of "money" they have. So - what we are seeing them doing are nothing but what they are doing its just their "money" what is doing (speaking/talking/fighting/executing) And by the way, they are in business (not in social service) - if they offer Rs. 100 bouquet that means - we are going to see all "bakwaas" channels and not popular ones then whats the meaning going for that offer!!! - may be its for poor (or we can say in good words - lower, lower middle class people - who do not wish to watch doordarshan and can not afford a cable) huh..... let me finish it off here... waiting for BIG launch (as like others)

Back