Reliance Big TV DTH Service Launch

• Thread starter Thread starter pondpaka
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 424
  • Views Views 236,275
1st Hutch - and after many operator, reliance entered with a pioneer offer
Local Video Libraries - Big Flix (after 5-7 decades)
Local Vegetable Market - Reliance Fresh (after "n" decades)
Local Broadband - Reliance Broadband
VoIP/Calling Cards - Reliance Passport
Dish TV - BIG tv
MTNL IPTV - Reliance IPTV
Fun Republic - and so as they took over Adlabs

Big FM - after Radio Mirchi, Red FM, etc although now BIG FM is biggest FM radio network and also targeting for more innovative offers like News, live cricket commentary (read somewhere, source not available now) although I&B ministry not allowing for both (News & Cricket) on FM

I guess reliance shall be ahead of competition in terms of content, as they own bigflix, adlab etc. It shouldn't be like IOL/BSNL iptv, who are still struggling to keep their promise of 150 channels after almost an year, and their VOD movies are mostly junk. That coupled with better DTH service (based on feedback available so far) bigtv should be a big hit in the market and worth our wait! Hope I am not too optimistic here:)

i called up customer care and asked about the news published in hindustan times. he still says that, "Still no news about launching date":hysterical:

So, Today went to a nearby Reliance Web World for sorting out issues with a mobile connection. I saw a big banner inside the web world and asked the lady at the cc about it. :thumbsup: She said they have not been given any date of launch. They were supposed to receive pamphlets this week. She does not have any more details. :confused: So just be patient and wait... it may hit the shops by the month end(?) :redface:

LOL - month end....... wow - another wait - i think they are gonna launch in full monsoon - engineers will come in a rain and fit it onto a terrace and ask us to check signals on tv while its raining heavily outside... That can be a BIG plan Any way, have a good sleep guys - tomorrow get up early and look into a newspaper as its 20th June and there was (a rumour here) news about to have an advertisement to launch on 24th.

I feel Sunday is more likely... many times it is preferred for launches or big announcements in general. Came across news (or should I say rumors!) in another forum about a couple of retailers already getting bigtv STB stocks.

I dont think it would be 24 th June..........or may be from 24th only they will start adverts.I think they are just trying to create hype as if something very big is gonna come......afterall it just another DTH service

I dont even think of June end for launch - HE IS BUSY IN MTN and TO FIGHT WITH HIS BROTHER Do you think he will come and celebrate by leaving all such stuff behind? I dont think.Another tough time for all those companies and their (so called) ventures - inflation rate is now over 11% and will hike more in future. What a middle class men will do? Buy a 300 Rs. bread/butter in a month or pay for DTH? There will be a tough time for everyone now... (I am talking about general middle class indians not those few millions who waste money like anything). Any way, hope they do all such things soon else BIG will also have a tough time (due to rainy season, competition, inflation and many more minor reasons).

Back