Reliance Big TV DTH Service Launch

• Thread starter Thread starter pondpaka
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 424
  • Views Views 236,275
Ya, everything is ready but Mr. Ambani himself is not (Busy with MTN and fighting with bro).By the way, i am now surely doubting of a launch on 24th - Reasons are as follow:- No commercials- No news in tv / newspaper (not even a small column)- No hoardings/banners on road- No awareness to Reliance Mobile World retailers- No brochures/materials handed over to retailers yet- No clue from anywhere- No time to come on tv and announce or a press conferenceand lot many other reasonsIt will launch once we will see their "Dealer Locator" working link on a page of BIG TV website (Instead of just a text as "Coming Soon")It will launch only when...- we will see even a single hoarding/poster on roads/streets- we will see even a single adv in newspaper/tv- we will see people at Reliance mobile retail outlets know what "BIG" tv is- we will see Anil Ambani on TV to announce/having press conferenceSO - WAIT n WATCH till JULY/AUGUST - I think, nothing gonna happen in june!I was eagerly waiting but i think, june is also just a dry month.But - WTF it is... we are waiting since so many months!!! Did you even wait for your GF after 5 times if she doesnt come on time? :) LOL WTF

If there was not internet/Forums, we would not even know that there is 'such' service to 'wait' for so long time. At some point of time, it would hit the market and the story (like DISH TV/Tata Sky/SUN DTH...) continues...

Hey everybody

I think August 15th or Diwali would be a good day for the "OFFICIAL" launch as it seems.Designwebgraphic member seems to be almost correct in guessing.
Anyhow guys this is the news from Mumbai.As said my friend has already taken the BIG TV .Callup the customer service for mumbai ph - 022-30338888 and book.(price Rs 3000/=+ five months free) It takes two working days for installation.At present you get mostly all the news channels,sports channels[Espn,Ten sports,Star sports,DDsports and some],some english channels[Axn,Hbo,Starworld,Star movies,Discovery,National geography,Travel and Living etc]some hindi channels,and some south channels and mostly all DD chanels and some Radio channels as well, so they claim at present 191 Tv channels and 28 Radio channels .Anyhow all channels are not functioning, some have the "COMING SOON SCREEN".When asked to the customer service, the reply is every channels will be functioning before our official launch which would take some time since even they are not aware of the dates.{!!!!!Talks are on going with movie industry for pay per view channels for newly released movies!!!!!!]Any clues for the launch look at the price Rs 3000/= + five months FREE,so it can be either august 15th or Diwali or within five months. The good news is the picture quality is good .Iam not comparing this to anyother.I and my friend were watching EURO 2008 football match in 14" Sony colour Tv.Usually anything in 14" screen seems to be sharper than the big screens so no comments about it.:thumbsup:

Yep, i think JUNE is not a month... may be july or august. but i still wish it happens in june :ashamed:

review from @pipara ( rimweb.in )
I happened to get my hands on a bigtv . These were my experiences with the thing .
they are releasing daily updates to channels . They currently are offering free movies on it , but these are not on demand . It's the same as your cable wallah screening movies on tv . it's a bit too slow at startup . The peolpe setting up the system say it's under testing yet , likewise they're are releasing automated software updates to it's puny li'l STB(which is surprisingly small in size) . And adviced me to keep it's power supply on constantly .
It's picture quality(in mpeg4 format) is simply superb with generally used flat screen lcd TV's . But on an HDTV it showed me it's true colours . IT's somewhat grainy on my Sony bravia w-series HDTV(due to improvements undergoing in it's signals and channels). Sound quality is somewhat nice too . IT does heat up a lot , which they say is because of highly frequent updates that it's constantly receiving .
And the STB is another made in china thing . Cheap , but not bad on performance . I'll rate it 3.5/5 . But if we are to believe what they say , It's gonna improve a great lot . So , by the time you people plan to get it(a few weeks or months) it will have updated itself enough to work 5/5 . All in all , as Ambani's have always been , BETTER THAN THE BEST(well at least in the consideration of no. of days in operation in comparison with other providers)
GOOD LUCK, AND HAPPY VIEWING.

Yep, i think JUNE is not a month... may be july or august. but i still wish it happens in june :ashamed:
So new date guesses have started again!:wall:

Reliance has a reputation for good project management. For instance, it is delaying launch of its DTH satellite platform until the fall, by which time it will have its own bouquet of Big TV-branded channels, and the monsoon rains will not interfere with reception

Back