• Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 13
  • Views Views 8,225

amit_dp

Regulars
ISP
Airtel
Damn this Reliance..

My Big Tv Remote stopped working all of a sudden and it made me remember those days when TV's didnt have a remote control... I had to get up everytime to change the channel or the volume from the STB ...

Anyways I contacted reliance and to my surprise they said that they will take 2 days to replace the remote. I said its just a remote .. your distributor should have it readily available. How am I supposed to watch the TV without the remote. And the answer i got was "Yes Sir, 2 days is the max time in which we will replace the remote, it can be earlier".

I waited for these 2 long days and called them up again and some idiot guy this time asked me to wait again for one more day, when i asked that can I go and pick up the remote, he said that you can goto any reliance web world and get the remote. I ended up calling every web world in the city and they didnt have the remotes. I found out the number of the distributor and called him and told him abt my complaint, he assured that some engineer will visit me with the remote the next day.

Next day the engineer turned up and i was a happy man .. I asked him for the new remote .. and he said "Sir, remote tau nahi laya, mai software upgrade kar deta hu.." I was pissed off like anything .. I let him upgrade the s/w but that didnt help ... I called the distributor again ... and he says that remotes are out of stock and he will get them tomorrow...

I was so frustrated that I decided to open the remote ... I opened it .. cleaned the remote plate with a damp cotton and put it back ... and the remote started working ..

After that I didnt called the distributor or the CC. after 3 more days the distributor remembered about my complaint and he called me up .. first he was trying to give me an old remote for less amount, but i insisted for a new one .. so he sent a new remote for Rs. 350/-

Now I have a spare remote lying wit me ...

moral of the story -> Buying BIG TV = BIG Mistake

heh.

i have had my zee dish tv remote dying on me several times.

at first i tried getting support from the zee dish tv customer care.

had no success. i just want to a local dealer and bought a new one on the spot for 250 bucks.

next time he charged me 350 bucks. made me sad. but it was much better than trying to get a free/paid replacement from the company directly.

----------

btw. i broke my airtel's modem/router last night (it became the victim of my anger. i jumped on it in those moments of insanity!). i would now see how long it takes them to replace it for me.

well i hope by jumping you didnt mean literally "Jumping" on it :ohyea:

----------

And tell me .. why did the Poor Modem become a victim of your "Insanity" :notallowed:

heh i did actually jump on the modem. and it took me several attempts before i broke it. so i can safely say that the build quality of the airtel router is pretty good.

oh well it has resulted in a loss of around 1500 bucks. so that is a shame. a new iptv connection with router for 2500 bucks and then they charge 1500 just for the router. i should have just told them to cancel the connection and tried for a free replacement :(

Back