Reliance Jio Fiber Slow Speed and sometimes Red Light Blinking

• Thread starter Thread starter gomfi
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 176
  • Views Views 29,614
@Nitin I have made the complaint to the JioFiber Team directly and I have the service request too with me.

Why is this Red Light blinking happening frequently for some seconds and then again becomes stable for few minutes?

Its a downtime issue. Usually fixes within an hour. Once I faced a downtime it was due to power failure at the local level, so that could be the case here too. That's why I said 1 hour.

It is happening since yesterday morning.

It has never happened before.

2 days back since I moved to Gold Plan, engg gave me new Dual Band Modem and took my single band.

I never faced issue with my single band modem.

Major Question: How do I keep the tracking of these Red Light Blinks?

Which modem rrouter you have from Jio?

Is it dual band or single and which state?
Dual band, frequency was really bad. Every 3-5 mins for atleast an hour. I thought they might be upgrading the firmware so I checked that. it's dated Dec 4 2019. There is no way to keep track of the DC. MTNL log was much better for this 😏

Last edited:
@Nitin I don't know the number of Engineer (I actually never had any engineer visit before).

There was only one guy who came 2 days back to install Set Top Box.

Though, I have made the complaint with JioFiber Support and they have taken the request for the same and saying Engg. will visit soon.

it happens a lot on my home as well but i dont see any change in speeds. as far as speedtest goes i never trust speedtest.net as they have "priority/peering" based speed tests. again im not defending Jio here but you cant get 100% of "advertised" speeds all over the world or even "nearest server". Speed test is really a grey area of the ISP .... there is no right way or correct way to test your internet speeds, all rated ISP speeds are only liable to "their node". All i can say is make a complaint and wait it out for issue to be resolved, it is most likely be routing issue or they maybe upgrading hardware on their end or some pipe might be disconnected and they would have to reroute through different pipe which is already running at its full capacity which coupled with additional traffic might slow you down.

Back