Reliance Jio Prime Membership (Free extension for one year)

Are you subscribing to JIO Prime Offer?

• Yes

Votes: 53 66.3%
  • No

Votes: 16 20.0%
  • Can't Say

Votes: 11 13.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
@munabhai Check the band on which your phone is connected. If possible seitch it to band 40 (You must be in Band 5 (850MHz) hence 2G speed.

I was passing near the Jio Digital Life store today and bought a JioFI just for backup. I have also ordered a honor 6x phone and so, I would probably get both the JioFI and Honor 6x SIM at the same time in the next week and register everything in the Jio Prime offer too.

As mentioned earlier, I am an original LYF phone user and use Jio since June-July last year from that phone and I also got a SIM for my dad recently. I have never tried JioFI in the past. The Jio signal is very good in my house and I have almost always got Band 40 (2300) since the start. However, when I entered my dad's Jio SIM in the JioFI device to test it right now, it is only latching up band 5 and not the Band 40 as it does in the LYF phone. Both the devices (LYF phone and JioFI) are placed beside one another to test. However, the LYF phone is catching Band 40 without any issues while Jio placed beside it latches to only Band 3. So, is JioFI inferior in terms of network signal compared to cell phones? Has anyone else faced the same issue? It is not a major problem for me as I purchased the JioFI only for backup and to save some battery life on my cell phones which run as hotspot most of the day. The batteries of my mobile phones are dying a lot faster after I purchased Jio (which is logical as hotspot and 4G consumes a lot of charge). But I would like the same Band 40 if possible in the JioFI too. Is there any way to force a band on JioFI?
I have Jiofi2 and Jiofi3 (my friend has it.) And from my testing Jiofi2 (one with without Oled display) has much better Network capability.So you must have bought Jiofi3. Go to some location where your Lyf is getting best band 40 strength. And then in same place just reboot your Jiofi.
I had same exact problem for past week. Then problem automatically resolved. Although that time Jiofi2 was latching with Band 5 even though Band 40 was getting (- 94dBm in second floor window,it is best I'm getting in my home.)Normally - 110dBm (but speed always 20- 35Mbps in band 40 evwn though courage iin my home is very poor).

Thank you @hrishi.baba I will try out. Anyways, it is not a big issue. JioFI is still far better than BSNL crappy speeds. :p

Honestly, I do not mind the 1999 loss too or just for backup after their current plans. I was paying multiple times that with BSNL all these years. FFS, I used to pay 3400 rs (after service tax) at one time to BSNL for 8 Mbps line (which never went above 4Mbps and seemed throttled). And the line was down for a whole month without any refunds either. And the connection was or is never stable in BSNL too. Rs.1999 is peanuts compared to that. :)

Overall I am super happy and super satisfied with Jio. I doubt most other non-metro Tier 1 cities also have the same feeling where BSNL is crappy and there is no other option there.

Tomorrow the Jio prime enrollment starts. Can anyone confirm all the T&C of enrollment.
Is there any commitment to pay 303 every month for a year if enrolled ?
or is there an option to discontinue in between?

Tomorrow the Jio prime enrollment starts. Can anyone confirm all the T&C of enrollment.
Is there any commitment to pay 303 every month for a year if enrolled ?
or is there an option to discontinue in between?
According to recent news , You will have to pay minimum of 149 recharge(or more) to be in Prime category. So yes let's say you didn't paid for one month then no prime after that(So at least 149 for Prime).

There seems to be a better news that I just saw in moneycontrol.com which is a Network 18/ Reliance Company. I doubt they would post wrong information as they are owned by Reliance and might have better insider knowledge.

It seems it is 499 for 60 GB and not 56 GB and for 30 days instead of 28 days. As per the article,

Besides this plan, Jio plans to roll out two new monthly tariff plans at Rs 149 and Rs 499 which offer 2GB and 60 GB data along with free voice, respectively, according to note by brokerage firm CLSA

“For Jio Prime Members, two more monthly plans will be available other than the Rs 303 plan announced last week. The cheapest monthly plan is Rs 149 which offers free domestic voice and 2GB data without any daily limits. Another plan offers 60 GB (2GB daily data allowance) and unlimited voice for Rs 499,” it said.

Read more at: Jio Prime membership opens on March 1: New tariff plans revealed

Irrespective of whoever CLSA is, I doubt moneycontrol.com would post fake news at this crucial juncture being a Reliance owned property themselves. So, it seems 30 days and 60 GB for Rs.499 is by and large confirmed.

-- dead tinypic image removed --

Recharge option is up on the website. No change in existing plans though.

Back