Samsung Galaxy S GT I9003 for Rs.20,479

• Thread starter Thread starter ranjittech
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 15
  • Views Views 10,404
Flipkart had it for 19499 - Though, it shows out of stock now :ishock:

Samsung Galaxy S LCD I9003: Full Phone Specifications, Price, Reviews (Midnight Black)

---------- Post added at 08:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:31 PM ----------

Use this for comparison

Samsung I9003 Galaxy SL vs. Samsung I9000 Galaxy S - GSMArena.com

according to spec sheet at flipkart the original Galaxy s has 512 MB ram and this cheaper galaxy lcd has 478 MB..i have the galaxy s.. consider the fact that at any given time the galaxy s has only around / less than 100 MB ram free ram available for apps to run which i find very low and when 2-3 apps are open (music player, web browser, messaging) the phone starts freezing and lagging.. at times i have to manually close an app from the task manager and sometimes the app force closes.. and such situations are very often when you are browsing the web, listening to music and you get a message and you open the app to reply.. and the phone freezes..i believe the next update for galaxy s adds another 30 MB free ram..but assuming that galaxy s and lcd one both use the same android build the cheaper one is completely "NO BUY"..

I got the Galaxy s gt 9003 for 19500 from Planet M store in Total Mall in Bangalore. I actually went looking for the Galaxy Ace. But they had this available(just started a couple of days back according to them) Spec wise most things are same as the Galaxy S. And the compromises (like the LCD screen instead of AMOLED) and lower memory are things that I am ok with (since i upgraded from a Nokia 5800). At this point happy with it. Just been using it for a 2-3 days.

If the price drops to 17k or 16k, this phone can be called 'The Poor Man's Galaxy S' :P

i feel price get to reduced to this range in couple of month ..

but samsung there name are confusing like Galexy S 9003 and Galexy S 9000 .. and not every one notice the difference ..

the shop keeper take the advantage of the same ..

i

yeah .. its best for that range .. motorola defy is there but its costly when u consider the 800 mhz processor ..about name confusion is still ahead .. now they have Galexy S II 9003 then Galexy S II 9000(i guess) then galexy sII mini .. too much confusion .. the galexy name really works like charm for them .. same way optimus for LG ..

Yeah, I think they are now focussed branding their phones by an already successful model as a series -- Corby Series, Wave Series, Galaxy Series. The individual model names are being slowly phased out, I feel.

Back