Samsung Galaxy S II

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 281
  • Views Views 24,968
hehe yeah. i nexus s and xperia arc should get a price cut after this one launches. but you never know... top end android devices do not get major price cuts.

below 30k .. don't think as Galaxy s is around 24-25k but if this is true .. then this will sell like hot cake .. but then samsung need to reduce the price of there other product to keep them competitive

look at it this way. samsung would love more people to go for S2 than go for any of their older models. it looks good on the paper. if i were them, i would not change the pricing of the single core processor phones. it would just get more people to buy the S2. S2 is the only phone that can come generate good numbers when compared to iPhone for Apple. of course, it is very unlikely to beat it on any chart. but samsung does have plans to sell millions of S2 this year. so more the better! i personally hate the idea of buying it rightaway. i mean it would get price cuts in the future and that always is a shitty feeling. i am hoping that it is priced below Rs. 30K. if not, i would probably postpone the purchase and wait for the pricing details of HTC Sensation.

when they launch the latest product people will always get attracted to latest one so they reduce the price of earlier one to clear the inventory ... but new product need to be priced sensibly as always see the price of new product get reduced by 30-40 % ..

in pricing Apple has good policy ... they have fix price bracket .. so we all know the cost of new product ..

seems samsung want to release the same before iPhone launch to eat iPhone market ...

---------- Post added at 03:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:56 PM ----------

i personally don't think it will be below 30k .. it may be between 32-35 bracket ...

Apple's policy has some positives and some negatives. They have only one model. There is no variation in that model. One single design. One single hardware specification. This is going to hurt them in the future. It already is considering Android has overtaken iPhone in terms of sales. Android phones go through a generation change in a matter of 2-3 months. Apple has survived till now. But in the next year or so, it would hurt them badly. Android is already on dual core. iPhone 4S would be a dual core. But by that time, we would probably get quad core Androids. The benefit is of course that once a new model is launched, you can buy it and be sure that it would remain supported for at least 2 years. And it would remain the latest update for at least 12 months.

i was talking about the price section only which is unique for all product .. but its possible because one product per year ... in case of other brands also price need to be sensible like in case of galexy s or nexus s .. the price gone down by 2-3k with in couple of month .. so its better to launch at reduced price .. instead of sudden reduction in price ... if this one launched below 30 k .. i see the price of LG 2X will also go down .. this product is good .. but lot of complaint mostly the software issue .. HTC Sensation. don't think it will be available for next couple of month ...

Apple's policy has some positives and some negatives. They have only one model. There is no variation in that model. One single design. One single hardware specification. This is going to hurt them in the future. It already is considering Android has overtaken iPhone in terms of sales.

Android phones go through a generation change in a matter of 2-3 months. Apple has survived till now. But in the next year or so, it would hurt them badly. Android is already on dual core. iPhone 4S would be a dual core. But by that time, we would probably get quad core Androids.

The benefit is of course that once a new model is launched, you can buy it and be sure that it would remain supported for at least 2 years. And it would remain the latest update for at least 12 months.

i believe no one else is making the glass body phones so their design is unique..
no point of talking dual core when OS doesn't support it and neither the apps... only when android ice cream comes then dual core will come to good use... in comparison to this when dual core iphone arrives many dual core utlilizing apps will be already there cause ipad 2 apps are making use of the dual core A5...

it is just the screen size of the iphone which matters to me.... fingers cover the whole screen when playing any game...

Back