Samsung Galaxy S II

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 281
  • Views Views 24,968
wikipedia says honeycomb brings multi core processor support...regarding the Galaxy s 2.. after using s1 i don't want to upgrade because of poor software support by samsung.... they make promises regarding an update and them break the promises... they fool the buyers....

there was definitely reports that gingerbread would add support for dual cores when optimus 2x was announced last year.

i can locate some references on blogs and forums. but no official documentation. but reviews of dual core phones have been very positive and almost everyone believes that they perform much better than single core processors.

android 3.1 is the tablet update that is supposed to add multicore support.

also... a lot of reports say that 2.4 edition of android would add multi-core support. but this update looks very unlikely. google looks set to shift to ice-cream sandwich from gingerbread with no 2.4 edition. at least that seems pretty clear from the alphabet system they use (froyo > gingerbread > honeycomb > ice cream sandwich)

---------- Post added at 04:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:50 PM ----------

errm. Galaxy s is getting android 2.3.4 in the coming weeks. :|

---------- Post added at 04:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:51 PM ----------

also... google has already announced that they are going to fix the system of phones not getting updates. not sure when that requirement would be made mandatory. but i would assume that SII is likely to be supported for a long time because it would remain samsung's flagship device through the current year.

Price is as expected .. 1k booking .. I havent such charges before..Delivery expected 1st week of june so atleast 10 daysIts better to wait till tommo for exact details

is this the official pricing from samsung because i have not heard any updates from their conference yet.

@androidosblog is tweeting from the venue. But there is no buzz on the samsung mob feed. and the most stunning thing is the latest tweet frm @androidosblog.

Vodafone is getting a six day exclusivity for the device, they will start selling from June 3, while normal stores will get it from June 9.

---------- Post added at 12:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:33 PM ----------

letsbuy pre-launch at 32830 comes close. Though of course letsbuy is pretty random at times but the samsung website also links back to them for their buy online option

http://androidos.in/2011/05/sansung-launches-Galaxy-s2-in-india-for-inr-32890/

price is as expected ...

good to know the same is getting launched with Super AMOLED Plus .. but this is official price so one can expect some discount over here

about vodafone .. are vodafone offering some free goodies or new plan with them

seems vodafone ditched Apple this time and trying to be friendly with android

also heard from twitter that NFC is part of the indian model. that is also another good development. i feel alone having a NFC capable phone!

Back