Samsung Galaxy S III

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1,179
  • Views Views 82,264
It looks more like a tablet. Surely this design is also a part of the rumor, right?

yeap. the whole rumor is that the phone would have very minimal bezel. and this is how a phone with little bezel look like. question is whether samsung would go with software buttons on this phone or not.

If there r simply no buttons, then many ppl including me, wud find it somewhat alien to handle. Currently, if the phone gets stuck somewhere, atleast u have some 2-3 buttons to play around with! :D But if the buttons itself are softkeys, then even they wont be accessible! I wud feel like being trapped, with no other option left except for removing the battery & restarting it!

you do realize that the only buttons disappearing are the ones at the bottom of the screen. the button to power off/on the phone would still be there. and do not be surprised if samsung finally switches to non-removable battery with this phone.

But why phones are going away with non-removable batteries? I mean, There is a good market for mobile accessories as well. You cant expect a person to replace a phone just because the battery is dead :|

The phone looks good. Too much of viewing space is being wasted in devices today.

----------

But why phones are going away with non-removable batteries? I mean, There is a good market for mobile accessories as well.

You cant expect a person to replace a phone just because the battery is dead :|
A case of following the leader. Since Apple has proved that people can survive without having the ability to replace a battery, companies are following suit as it gives them flexibility in design which replaceable batteries don't.

heh. this is a speculative rendering.

and i am not sure if too little bezel is a good thing on mobile phones. you need some buffer space to hold the phone!

and non-removable batteries are becoming popular because they allow manufacturers to put in custom sized bigger batteries inside the device. since they do not have to make it accessible, they can put in custom sized batteries in most efficient manner.

Apple laptops and mobile devices excel at battery life because of this simple reason.

here is a photo of the apple ipad 2 battery:

So dont any of the Apple devices get stuck anywhere, anytime? At times when PC/Cellphone, etc devices get stuck, even the On/Off button becomes useless. That has happened with me twice/thrice.....overloaded the phone with too many apps running & had no option but to remove the battery & restart phone. So basically its Idiot-proofing the devices! :D

Back