Section 377

• Thread starter Thread starter warthog
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 784
  • Views Views 102,994
personally i think people today are mature enough to stay in limits in public places. you cannot just assume that gays would start 'making' out in public places if the 'act' is loosened up a bit.

may be they want complete freedom.they want to leave as if there is only them in world.they want ppl to accept what they think is right.they want ppl to follow the path they think is right.if u dont follow then u r wrong and outdated or outfashioned.then that will fulfill fundamental rights. may be 22nd century will be well suited for them.btw to wear clothes or not, wudnt it also be fundamental right thing? great i see some other types of ppl challenging act against public nudity in future and i am sure on the same basis they shud be able to win.

i wanted to ask those who are happy abt this ruling by delhi court.tomorrow, if ur brother turns gay wud you or ur family members be OK with it?when u come to know first time, wud u accept it without RAISING ur eyebrows?wud u accept it AS IS, without trying to make him think again even for once?wud u HELP him by trying to convince ur family/parents, that what he is doing is right, nothing wrong in it and his choice.wud u allow his husband/wife (whatever u call him) to sleep with him in the room very next to you i.e in ur house forever?wud u accept if they both hug and kiss each other at dining table when u r eating?wud u accept if they adopts a child?giving answer is ur choice. but if u do answer then give honest answer.if u answer YES, then ok cool. but if u answer NO to one question then why shud ur brother NOT have those rights if as per u whole world shud have those rights?

so its safe to say that we legalize all vices:|

Which vices did you have in mind ?

As to living abroad, as i said earlier. These are ideas, that dont come with a nationality attached. Arguably if you went back in history, i'd say we as a culture were a damn side more broad minded than those that invaded us. We have (given the audience here) possibly dubious achievement of creating a love manual. How many hundred years ago was that now :)

Yes, we have been affected by these invasions but in more good ways than bad.

may be they want complete freedom.
they want to leave as if there is only them in world.
they want ppl to accept what they think is right.
they want ppl to follow the path they think is right.
if u dont follow then u r wrong and outdated or outfashioned.

All they wanted was not to be considered as illegals :)

i wanted to ask those who are happy abt this ruling by delhi court.
tomorrow, if ur brother turns gay wud you or ur family members be OK with it?
when u come to know first time, wud u accept it without RAISING ur eyebrows?
wud u accept it AS IT, without trying to make him think even for once?
wud u HELP him by trying to convince ur family/parents, that what he is doing is right, nothing wrong in it and his choice.

giving answer is ur choice. but if u do answer then give honest answer

I'd ask him to see a counselor or the family doctor to determine if this was indeed the case.

If the answer was positive i would accept him as he is and that is my brother.

That matters firstly & lastly above everything else :)

why shud he see counsellor?

wud u ask him to see counsellor if he was getting married to girl?

if NOT, then why do u put condition when marrying to boy or girl is no different in ur opinion.

----------

PS. I have rearranged some questions and added some more.

Because one needs to be sure if this is the case and to come to terms with it. What if he is not prepared to accept ? Heh, you did not consider this possiblity.The damage one could do to oneself in this situaiton is far worse than what society could do. Professional help is defnitely the safer option. WHen one's peers are running after the opposite one and not to feel the same is bound to provoke deep introspection. The hardest part is acceptance by oneself. Tho need not always the case depending on the environment.The same would apply for marriage too of course along with the finace tho it would be a different kind of counsellor :)

All they wanted was not to be considered as illegals

ok granted. so now can u guarantee they will be happy with that and not start further demands? it is just a beginning from their end. they will be going step by step.

----------

Because one needs to be sure if this is the case and to come to terms with it. What if he is not prepared to accept ? Heh, you did not consider this possiblity.

He is in love with other guy. Love is blind. He is ready to accept. Why the need for counsellor in this case when normal guy feeling the same for woman is not required to see counsellor.

ok granted. so now can u guarantee they will be happy with that and not start further demands? it is just a beginning from their end. they will be going step by step.[.

I would say the ulitimate objective is acceptance by society to be treated as no different as any other heterosexual.

But this is still a way off even in western society. If you are in the cities its less of an issue, if you are in conservative parts of the country it can be harder.

He is in love with other guy. Love is blind. He is ready to accept. Why the need for counsellor in this case when normal guy feeling the same for woman is not required to see counsellor.

It all depends on how happy & comfortable he is with the situation. If he is love with the guy then there is no need for counselling as he is happy with his choice.

Read about Alan Turing. He was the genius that cracked the Nazi codes during WWII. He was also responsible for signficant insights in computer science. The turing machine, what you are using right now to post this message.

Well, he was not accepted by the establishment despite his achievements and in the end commited suicide :(

btw. my mom took me to several psychotherapists psychiatrist/psychologist/shrink when i just dropped out of school one fine afternoon... she thought i had gone crazy.

everyone said i was fine. there was nothing wrong with me (except for short temper maybe)...

she was ok after that. now that i think about those days, i think she accepted me for who i was (not gay thankfully, she would have gone NUTS)...

----------

mmm. the point i was making is that. most of us probably still believe that sane people never go to psychiatrists... :P

----------

grrr. looks like i dropped in totally uninvited and got offtopic so everyone is annoyed with me now :huh:

Back