Section 377

• Thread starter Thread starter warthog
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 784
  • Views Views 102,952
Constitution is man-made itself isn't it? Whatever most people agree upon is generally thought to be right, isn't it? But it's all complicated, right and wrong is a thing of perspective, human rights is perspective itself, for various people it may mean differentIt would mostly be in favour of majority?

https://www.readability.com/articles/0esks39s
BJP is working hard on losing the gay vote.
"My suggestion to the Government of India is, the media has reported that we have issued visas to a number of US diplomats' companions. 'Companions' means that they are of the same sex. Now, after the Supreme Court ruling, it is completely illegal in our country. Just as paying less wages was illegal in the US. So, why doesn't the government of India go ahead and arrest all of them? Put them behind bars, prosecute them in this country and punish them," Mr Sinha said.

they are against gay rights. swami thinks that it is a disease and he want corporate and government sectors to work on finding a cure. i think it is quite clear what bjp thinks about gay people.

They can't still do much its the law that matters what was their stand when it was legal did they go out of their way to condemn and criticize.

The law is from the times of British Raj. It is the job of the government to fix laws that are not according to the times we live in today. How would you like if a restaurant refuses you entry because you are an Indian today? (Dogs and Indians not allowed).
You and me are not the one being discriminated against. Gay people are.

Yes but all laws take time HC made it legal maybe SC will legalise it too someday. Gay people will be discriminated even if they are legal by people with different mindsets things will change slowly no matter how fast you want them too.

You cannot change people's mindset. But laws need to exist to ensure that you are not harassed by the authorities.
If the court has expressed no interest in changing the law, it is the responsibility of the representatives of the people to do the right thing.
Congress on paper are like... we are for gay rights. But when it comes to changing the law, they are like... Not right now. That's hypocrisy.

Back