Section 377

• Thread starter Thread starter warthog
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 784
  • Views Views 102,951
Yup. I am amused that orthodox folks in the Vatican have not gotten rid of him :D
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JkuQWYlgOy4

whoru007 said:
Everybody knows about gays because they are around us as Friends, Family or Strangers. We need to change our way of thinking, if something is written on some book written by someone ages ago there is no point in believing and following it. Otherwise Earth would have been still Flat (instead of Oblate spheroid) and it would have remained center of Universe. People born with multiple heads or any other body parts would be considered product of witchcraft and Leprosy would have been incurable and wrath of Gods.
:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
Good point on changing human views from time to time.!
G A Y rights have been a controvertial topic for many decades and personally I'm neutral on this topic.
Newly born babies do not have any choice to choose to become Homosexual when they are being born. So if they are homosexual then there is no reason (and no right) for heterosexual human being to treat them as ill, it's like sexual racism.

But our eldest, Vikram, is now a criminal , an unapprehended felon. This is because , like many millions of other Indians, he is gay; and last month, two judges of the Supreme Court overturned the judgment of two judges of the Delhi High Court that, four years ago, decriminalized homosexuality . Now, once again, if Vikram falls in love with another man, he will be committing a crime punishable by imprisonment for life if he expresses his love physically. The Supreme Court judgment means that he would have to be celibate for the rest of his life - or else leave the country where he was born, to which he belongs, and which he loves more than any other.
The voluminous accounts of rape, torture , extortion and harassment suffered by gay and transgender people as a result of this law do not appear to have moved the court. Nor does the court appear concerned about the parents of such people, who stated before the court that the law induced in their children deep fear, profound self-doubt and the inability to peacefully enjoy family life. I know this to be true from personal experience. The judgment fails to appreciate the stigma that is attached to persons and families because of this criminalization. The judgment claimed that the fact that a minuscule fraction of the country's population was gay or transgender could not be considered a sound basis for reading down Section 377. In fact, the numbers are not small. If only 5% of India's more than a billion people are gay, which is probably an underestimate, it would be more than 50 million people, a population as large as that of Rajasthan or Karnataka or France or England. But even if only a very few people were in fact at threat, the Supreme Court could not abdicate its responsibilities to protect their fundamental rights, or shuffle them off to Parliament. It would be like saying that the Parsi community could be legitimately imprisoned or deported at Parliament's will because they number only a few tens of thousands. The reasoning in the judgment that justice based on fundamental rights can only be granted if a large number of people are affected is constitutionally immoral and inhumane. The judgment has treated people with a different sexual orientation as if they are people of a lesser value.
Vikram Seth's Mother writes her opinion. She is a former judge.

A mother and a judge speaks out on section 377 — m.timesofindia.com

I am also want to put my opinon here If I am not then I am not human..As many guyz here raise thier voice for gay rights..
My opinion:
I am against gay because of many reason and also Its disease to brain...

I hope no kids in your family turn out to be gay because they would suffocate in that kind of environmental.

Back