Sharing MTNL Triband Broadband on multiple computers with wi-fi connectivity

• Thread starter Thread starter scotyard
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 154
  • Views Views 47,930
I received a router from MTNL Model: UT304R2 and I got a desktop (XP) and a laptop (VISTA) and I want to know can i connect both the system on the Router and browse the internet... if possible. please provide me with the steps.:)

UT-300R2U ADSL MODEM MENU
equivalent model.
In both network/LAN/Properties/TCP/Ip properties, TCP/IP select assign Ip address automatically.
enter OPen Dns 208.67.220.220 & open dns 208.67.222.222
DHCP server range 192.168.1.3 to 192.168.X( X. any from say 10 to 253) in ( modem)

Use USB port for Desktop and LAn port for laptop. first test both on LAn port separately.

Did you get the modem from MTNL without programming , for a connection to Internet ?
Did you get an installation CD with USB drivers ?

UT-300R2U ADSL MODEM MENU
equivalent model.
In both network/LAN/Properties/TCP/Ip properties, TCP/IP select assign Ip address automatically.
enter OPen Dns 208.67.220.220 & open dns 208.67.222.222
DHCP server range 192.168.1.3 to 192.168.X( X. any from say 10 to 253) in ( modem)

Use USB port for Desktop and LAn port for laptop. first test both on LAn port separately.

Did you get the modem from MTNL without programming , for a connection to Internet ?
Did you get an installation CD with USB drivers ?

What I have done is...I am using the bridge mode to dial to the internet. and have assigned 192.168.1.1 ip to the modem and 192.168.1.2 for the desktop. now if i connection another cable provided with the router to the laptop with the ip 192.168.1.5. the laptop is not able to connect to the internet neither i can see my desktop thru my network from the laptop. but was able to browse my desktop once....

please let me know if i am doing worng

to quote a particular portion copy /paste then add [ quote ] TEST [ /quote ] dont give space as i have shown .
Enable DHCP server in modem. enter the range given.

In your computer start Network/ local area network/properties/ TCP/Ip properties
.select assign Ip address automatically.
read my posting again.
Post this info. desktop and laptop : start run type cmd type ipconfig/all.
Test each computer separately first for connection to Internet.

Hello essbebe,i want to use wireless security feature for my laptop Xp pro installed it, what type of security features should i use and how do i check my Laptop PCMCIA wireless card suppport which security feature. please explain don't go shortcut :D :D

@flame. You should confirm now your set up is alright now.In laptop Start/Network/Wireless Network/ show wireless connectionswill get report whether secured or unsecured .D-Link site gives all the information how to set up a wireless security key. .

Back