Sharing MTNL Triband Broadband on multiple computers with wi-fi connectivity

• Thread starter Thread starter scotyard
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 154
  • Views Views 47,930
Since I bought my router recently & has ver 7.00.1 (latest being 7.00.4) I have not yet come to the upgrading 'bridge' yet J. You will have to browse the Linksys site for more info or else send an email to their helpdesk (u might have to register ur product) to check if it is technically possible to jump from ver 1.0 to 7.00.4 & about the benefits, if any. Now to your 2nd question it is possible to transfer data as you have mentioned, but I have not tried it for security reasons, so I now use a pen drive to transfer data.

Thanks Socrates, As my Router is working nicely, I have decided to will leave it alone than waking a sleeping Tiger ! :) Thanks once againHave a Nice Day !Dee Joe

Hi all :)I have purchased Linksys WRT300N Router from Nehru place from spark technologies @ Rs 6999/- i got two desktop and one laptop. firsty i want connect my two desktop via LAN not WLAN. I tried lot to share internet nothing worked, at last what i did opened linksys GUI via browser.Step 1. internet setup - automatic configuration DHCPStep 2. Network setup - IP address - 192.168.3.1 Step 4. subnetmask - 255.255.255.0Step 5. Save settingsStep 6. Go to control pannel open network connection.Step 7. Leave IP Address automatic.Step 8. Type DNS what your MTNL ISP given you.Step 9. click OkStep 10. Open your browser enjoy MTNL Unlimited 2mbps Speed and share your NET. Do Step 6. to all Desktop :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:.If i did something wrong please reply me. for security purpose if i need some settings do reply :):):):)

@flame. What is the modem you are using ?
Welcome to Broadbandforum.in.
Did you get any user manual when you purchased the WIFi router ?
Anyway download these manuals for reference.
Retrevo - Linksys WRT300N manuals

Default IP address: 192.168.1.1
Default admin username:
Default admin password: admin

Also see post 66 and 69 ( by@socrates) for guidance.
BTW who advised you to buy this router ? any special reasons?

Nobody advised me, i just go through the reviews on tigerdirect.com newegg.com and cnet.com . Some of my requirements future expandability for my home networking. I got Linksys WRT300N Router and mtnl modem - model no. UT 300RTU. Do i need to set DNS to my router right it working without DNS. contact me here i am online now. [email protected]:rofl::rofl:

for reference to show another model.
WAN connection from modem to router.
In all computers TCP/IP select assign Ip address automatically.
OPen Dns 208.67.220.220 & open dns 208.67.222.222
DHCP server range 192.168.1.3 to 192.168.X( X. any from say 10 to 253)
For modem reference this web site will be useful
UT-300R2U ADSL MODEM MENU

As you said somwhere on Linksys G router type DNS 1 and DNS 2 is it necessary to type because i typed nothing to my linksys WRT300N router DNS and it working nice, should i need to type one :( one more thing i want to use file sharing method and how to access PC 1 files from PC 2 i am new to networking technology. In my MTNL modem DNS blank

So long everything is Ok forget DNS for the present. . ! feeling sleepy !I have enabled DNS and entered same OpenDNS in my modem.For file sharing Please check (A) all programs/accessories/Communications/ remote Desk top connection wizard./. This may not be necessary as your computers are in a LAN network. IN Lan/TCP/IP of each computer select advanced and program file sharing option.More tomorrow Goodnight !

I runned network setup wizard, when i check under windows network there are printer 1,2,3 like that. I want to undo network setup wizard ( is there any way to do) .I like to hook up my printer on router my HP 6318 support Rj45 to share it to my all PC,s:yahoo:

Back