So, how do I get a new remote for the Videocon D2H DTH STB?

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 47
  • Views Views 19,539
HD Setup Box will come with a HDMI cable right, and I guess your old CRT TV will not have an input? Am I missing something?

I think it does have the standard AV Cable option. Not sure though.

Hmm.. Maybe I have not checked the HD box carefully. Because I remember I had chosen SD Box for a 2nd TV, thinking I dont want to upgrade now and if there was a possibility of TV upgrade later I "might" have gone for HD box for the CRT TV.

well i did inform the guy that i did not have a hd tv. just an old crt. it is not a vintage crt though. has enough ports in the back. though not hdmi.

Since you have informed I guess he would have told you if there were going to be any hiccups. So, lets just wait and see.

ok i am sort of confused now. i got a call and the guy said that they are running a special offer.

pay for six month rental and they would replace my regular stb with the hd version (so i get the remote for free).

i said ok to this offer considering i am already scheduled to recharge next month.

i do not even have a hd capable television set :\
go with this offer , u can use with ur old tv .... no need to subscribe hd package .... future ready lol

i thought hd worked through composite cables as well?
hd box will work geat with composite cables but yeah dont try to play and hd channel ..
ur u will damage ur tv tube .... lots of heat and boom :P
u will get good pic and sound on sd channels with composite cables...

crt tv cant make hD pic on screen , they can try to make pic but heat up tv tube ...and might damage .. and then u will go for new HD tv :P

just go with HD BOX ...

:Oso the guy came and replaced the box. also gave one day hd demo. said my connection is on the hd plan today but he would switch back to the old package tomorrow. looks like a good deal overall. just that i cannot find out my new balance on the new stb. the option to check balance is not visible :\

Back