Solved: Split AC 1.5 ton | Voltas

ISP
Excitel
Airtel & Vi
My Sharp inverter AC has a bad leak in the cooling coil. So it's time to get a new one. Many users have mentioned that Voltas is a good buy considering the 5 years warranty. Kindly suggest some models?

Solution

Looks like they have changed the extended warranty thing. Now you need to pay 2990 for it, however you get 10 services as well (I think?) so still a good deal

my parents have used Samsung, LG, Daikin, Sharp, Hitachi split acs at different points of time. None of them lasted more than 4-5 years. I guess it might be area specific as well since the issue almost always was gas leakage

Voltas and Carrier have both worked fine
@Samuel Did this smell problem re-appear after servicing or it existed prior to service despite running in fan mode after usage.
Isn't yours inverter AC? How is it shutting off?
Can you describe the odour? Chemical or repugnant?
Does your AC also smell when you start using it?

Upvote 0
This issue existed before the service. It is an inverter AC, this is what I don't understand as to why does it start blowing warm air. I cannot keep the set temperature to 29 degrees. I need to keep it around 28 to keep the smell away. The smell is that of...a wet towel.

It starts smelling when the temperature of the room reaches the set temperature, and the unit is blowing warm air.

Upvote 0
Got a call from Voltas today, and I thought they are selling something, but they called to check if the AC is working fine or not.

I highlighted the issue above (which has subsided), and they've scheduled a technician visit for tomorrow. A bit surprised I am.

Sipping Tea Time GIF

Upvote 0
I think LG does but it costs a bomb! I asked Voltas on twitter if they charge for Gas charging and labour. But before replying they want my area Pin code and mobile number :|

Upvote 0

Back