Sudden Slowness - BSNL Bharat Fiber Connection

• Thread starter Thread starter Gaurav_G
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 50
  • Views Views 3,227
It was pretty stable on monday but packet loss started again from today morning. Will probably downgrade plan to the 299 one and keep using jiofiber as my primary isp.

Yup, happened very early in the morning. No session disconnection though. Also, my IP address stays in a single prefix now, it used to jump between two prefixes before.

Last edited:
I asked a friend who lives nearby if Jio is experiencing any issue after seeing the post on another thread. Nothing on his end. Issue might be limited regionally.

I can ping Google DNS (17 - 19ms) & Cloudflare (40 - 60 ms). Looks like Cloudflare is bit high currently.

But, I can't ping Google DNS on JIO Fiber and Cloudflare (140 - 160 ms) Ping.

P.S. : Looks like IPv4 is having issue on JIO Side. IPv6 working at very slow pace (it was never fast anyways).
Can't access IPv4 sites.

P.S. : Looks like JIO 5G and 4G are also not working properly. 5G is not even showing-up in my area whereas 4G connection is not even able to make proper calling with another person.

Last edited:
And i was under the impression earlier that this kind of issue would only be limited to my area or state. But then its BSNL!

To be fair, this is a recent issue. And it has been happening after the new BNG installation, whether there is some relation to that is unknown. And it started working after a few minutes as usual.

Yesterday afternoon (18th Jun afternoon) issues were mostly due to Vodafone Idea. They leaked Jio's prefixes to Airtel and thus both Jio and Vodafone IDEA were badly impacted + Jio's downstream like BSNL was also impacted. This didn't had much to do with BSNL.

Outside of that time your issues are primarily related to BSNL itself.

Of course. There is huge packet drops as if the BNG is restricting all traffic or congestion somewhere in the network. Session is still up during this. During one such episode in the last week, IPv4 went down but IPv6 was still up. I was confused as why some sites were loading and some weren't but then logged in to router and there it was. I will have to monitor and inform LCO as soon as that happens so that they can figure out this issue.

Back