Sudden Slowness - BSNL Bharat Fiber Connection

• Thread starter Thread starter Gaurav_G
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 50
  • Views Views 3,225
@Sanemi AFAIK TATA Communications or VSNL (Videsh Sanchar Nigam Ltd.) is India's Gateway to International Internet Nodes.
This Public-Private Enterprise seems to have ZERO desire to improve India's Communication with the World.

I was not aware of this merger. Got a bit confused lol seeing MTNL in speedtests. I'm now getting an MTNL IP 120.61.129.xx and gateway 120.61.128.1, although traceroutes show first hop as BSNL's 59.95.64.1. It's a mess up there.
Internet and latency seems fine, apart from my asshole LCO limiting my speed to 100mbps (different ongoing story).

Always MTNL IP or occasionally? The issue I have seems to be IX related as DNS pings go high at times in addition to gateway config maybe.

Seems like it's been always MTNL since the past week, I haven't restarted yet. DNS pings are sometimes as high as 360ms. I'm not hitting the same gateway shown on the status page.

@sloj accept my victory 😁.
There's a reason crores of people have listened to my voice, videos and what I have said since last few years 😉

@Adithya That's fine. I remember when I got the connection gateway used to be a private address when checking traceroute, even now it shows private addresses in class A for the next few hops and then to either IX or upstream depending on route. I suspect they are working for 4G launch and moving things around based on the post in another thread and causing this occasional issue.

@unnecessary lol crores of people. Ghanta.

Changed the connection method to Bridge mode on the ONU so that I can dial from my router still same issue. Sometimes I get odd issues (Twitter Slow/images missing). Using VPN it solves the problem. Very unexpected issue and annoying.

Changed MTU also doesn't help

@sloj yes tried different MTU doesn't solve the problem. Set it to default 1492. Complained to BSNL office/LCO they're saying nothing is wrong at their end. Odd

Back