Suggest a suitable wifi router

I will have 2 NIC cards and 2 subnets with 2 wi-fi routers. The routers can be kept in the middle of the coverage area , separated by some distance . The server with 2 NICs will connect to the 2 routers by lan cable as it will give good performance. The wireless clients are going to connect to the server , and not to internet.

Let me know your opinion on this plan

Is there any particular reason you want to subnet the network like that? Would it not be better for all clients to be on the same subnet (especially if a client moves from one area to another, thus changing which router he's connected to).

I say you're better off with 1 NIC to 1 WiFi AP (which should include a 4-port switch), then connect the second WiFi AP to the second LAN port on the first WiFi AP and then you have unified access throughout the premises - not to mention less complication and support requests when peoples devices neglect to acquire a new IP address. Your performance is likely to be about the same and then you can do neat stuff on the server side depending on what you want to achieve.

Remember the tech motto: KISS (Keep It Simple, Stupid).

My Airtel broadband' modem got faulty recently; I was using it with the router Linksys WRT54G for wireless access.Could you please let me know if I should buy modem only or a router + modem combo?Router + modem combo has one advantage that there will be less wire clutter and only single power point will be used.Please let me know the cheap and best option available.

Hi...I'm novice in networks n stuff...Previously I hav been using an Airtel Broadband connection wifi, airtel Beetel 450TC1 WIFI modem/router bundeled with the connection. The signal strength was not very good... if moved to another room signals went low and just cud use for one floor...Now I'm looking for a router to be used with airtel conection...The area is 1500aprox sq yard villa...plot size 25mtr x 55mtrsLooking to cover 4 floors of around 4000sq ft each floor and front and back lawns...Please help...budget 15k to 20k..Can i make one wifi network...Do i need cat5 cable to be put...Thanx..Js

Cant realy find something serving ma queries....Need to know dat do i need multiplr routers or just one wud do...also do i need some wiring to be done on each floor as the main airtel conection wud come to basment level only...

Hi...I'm novice in networks n stuff...Previously I hav been using an Airtel Broadband connection wifi, airtel Beetel 450TC1 WIFI modem/router bundeled with the connection. The signal strength was not very good... if moved to another room signals went low and just cud use for one floor...Now I'm looking for a router to be used with airtel conection...The area is 1500aprox sq yard villa...plot size 25mtr x 55mtrsLooking to cover 4 floors of around 4000sq ft each floor and front and back lawns...Please help...budget 15k to 20k..Can i make one wifi network...Do i need cat5 cable to be put...Thanx..Js

Thanks!!!Please let me know how to setup reapeters...Also will all floors have difrent wifi password n networks, as it is in Hotels....I need one network n passcode all around d home...Pls help...

well this router has DD-WRT so its pretty easy to setup a bridged mode.

Do this, first buy one of these. If the range is satisfactory, great.(the range should be at least 3-4 times the Beetel modem you were using). if its still insufficient, buy another one and set it in bridged mode.

this is how you set it up:
Client Bridged - DD-WRT Wiki

and no you wont have different networks/passcodes.

Back